News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
October 23, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Alchemist Gameplay Feedback  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Re: Alchemist Gameplay Feedback
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 06:25:46 AM »
Hi mohammed!  Welcome to torchmodders first of all.

Thanks very much for the feedback. It comes at a good time, because I just started some Alch characters to review some other feedback I got from the Steam forums.

I plan to play up to about level 20 on 3 builds (melee, ranged caster and summoner) to come up with plans on what to tweak and how.

If it's not too much trouble, can you pls continue to post your observations here?  It would be a big help!

Offline mohammed

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:53 AM »

im at lvl 15, emberstrike looks powerful when blighted!, makes me consider dark descent build.
however for some reasons the ember sentry won't summon.
methodical is my fav passive, favors both damage and spamming ability.
i also notice that most of the skill looks promising on higher tiers, but not really have enough use early.
im playing elite so i ended up boosting focus to wear stronger a stronger staff which makes more damage than any of my skills have. atleast for this level.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 08:51:19 AM »
Hi mohammed!
Quote from: mohammed
im at lvl 15, emberstrike looks powerful when blighted!, makes me consider dark descent build.
Hehe! That's why we made blighted versions of some of his skills, to tempt you to the dark side!!!

Quote from: mohammed
however for some reasons the ember sentry won't summon.
Okay I notice from your previous post that you are playing with Synergies installed as well. First of all pls know that we designed TL1CP to be played on its own and we do not guarantee there won't be conflicts with other mods (in fact it is most likely there will be conflicts if you have other mods installed).
But having said that, I will see what I can do ;) it might just be a simple GUID change...

What style-of-play would you say you are using at the moment? More of melee-caster? Or do you use ranged skills more? Do you use minions much?

Offline Beast

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 12:54:35 AM »
First time posting on forums but have posted before on Steam. Just wanna say kudos in regards to your ongoing support for your tl1cp mod. TL1CP comes across to me as a great expansion to vanilla TL2 or what would be considered nowadays as DLC.

I am including your mod as part of a personal mod merge proj. For future updates, will there be a specific change log that states which files were updated?

Ty!!

Offline mohammed

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 02:47:15 AM »
im playing staff type, i would do like emberbolt, iceshock, then when i got charge i would do ember strike, phase and fire gauntlet. atleast thats what i came up with.
the other skill i can't find a combo for, might be nice if you can complement skills by one another. like the ember lightning and lance, i like them but i can't connect it to a good combo.

anyways merry christmas! Phanjam

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 05:11:22 AM »
For future updates, will there be a specific change log that states which files were updated?
Hi Beast! Yes, we make it a point to maintain a change-log thing - it should be in each post which announces a new update version and, if you're getting it from Steam, also in the change-log part of the mod's workshop page.

Offline mohammed

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
hi guys im back playing this again..very nice improvements v178. here are my observations.
- ember bolts
  - skill shows 4bolts in the skills panel at tier 1 even if it shoot only 3 bolts.
  - incredibly short ranged skill. and weak damage. i take that this is is for a Blighted Alchemist(i haven't choose yet).
  - only poison damage he got. migth not be that bad.

- fire gaunlet
  - not that weak of a skill, thank goodness it scales in tier.
  - for a skill that takes away your movement and attack capability im expecting more from it.(like the vanquisher fire trap, has faster hit.)

- ember lance
 - bro i sincerely think this skill should be electric damage.
 - same second comment on fire gauntlet.
 - this one scales poorly. i love the effects but its weak itself.

- vengeful shock
  - man this is a useless skill.

- frost edge
 - this is perfect just what a melee caster needed.

- ember shield
 - at tier 1 you call keep pressing it to get multiple random elemental shield. which disappear once you lvl it again. it will only maintain a single random shield.
 - nice skill overall, doesn't need to guard it since there is no time expiration(keeps you focus on other things)

i would really like to see alchemist, as more of an alchemist than a mage. like having a Transmution skill, or a Chemical Reaction skill, or a set of skill that when executed in order creates more. i feel that this alchemist is more mage than a man of science. and since im here giving ideas why not be the first class to consume embers!! to enhance himself or his skills. that would be cool.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Hi @mohammed .  Very sorry for the delayed reply - I saved a reply as a draft but then forgot all about it until now  :(

Welcome back to the game!

Thanks for the feedback. I hear what youre saying about the Alch being more of a mage, but the aim of the mod was to port the TL1 classes into TL2 with a few updates where needed. 

So im afraid we arent going to "re-theme" the Alch from where it is atm.  We also wont re-balance any class skills. Their balance are where they are as a result of a lot of thought and testing and we're happy the result is quite faithful to the original TL1 classes.

But about your "consume embers" idea - that's a really good one!  There was actaully a member who had that idea already.  Unfortunately they did not stay active on this forum.  But who knows, some modder/s may eventually come along who can realize that concept ;)

Offline Zayn Malik

• Common
  • Mod - Paralyzing
    • status mod
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cry
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 04:53:50 PM »
About "consume embers" I have an idea:

Combine it with Phanjam new skill layout, when consume ember you will have 1 point for each types of elemental "route", each high tier ember for higher ember damage skill.
It's all about the unlock skill point rule.

For example:
4 fire ember base skill dam for 4 tier ember. Passive
For active skill, you raise it skill point like normal. And the damage or effect bonus is from all the Passive.

But with mohammed thought I think he wants to use ember to use skill (LOL I think ít's hard engine)
More harder is combining ember to create combo like Magicka.

More interesting, harder and harder  ???

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13