News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
April 25, 2019, 12:05:37 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: FEP+  (Read 50947 times)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
Re: FEP+
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
By the way, does the Focused Damage skill from Ronin class work properly? because I feel that skill doesn't work properly. And can the cooldown be shortened.

And after you delete the fullheal effect on the Ronin class charge bar skill, it feels like the class is easy to die. Maybe it can be made to be 50% of Max HP. :D

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Unique
    • status bored
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »
It works, its just its effect is pretty small if you're low level or have low Strength.

I'm not going to add any % of heal back. Ronin has plenty of damage reduction source already, plus there's the lifesteal skill too.

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »
At least, please reduce the cooldown time "Focused Damage" skill.  :P

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:53 AM »
Hi @Viz

I have a suggestion for provide aura to Ronin in the skills of The Way of Fire, Wind, Earth, & Water. Maybe you can use the animation aura that is used for the Monk Warrior class, in some skills there is a suitable aura. ;)

- Roll with the Punch Aura for The Way of Water
- Foot Work Aura for The Way of Wind
- Unstoppable Aura / Burning Chi Aura for The Way of Fire
- Guardian Chi Aura / Sanctuary Aura for The Way of Earth

- For other alternative aura you can also see Mind Over Body Aura
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:48:25 PM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
Hi @Viz

I see you have updated FEP, I want to ask you about a new skill for Ronin "Emberize" why doesn't the skill have Buff particle animation like in the "Primal Strength" skill?

And also, I still found Ninja skill "Shunpo" that still had no skill point information.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:24:36 PM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2018, 02:56:18 AM »
@Viz Can you restore the skills of "Storm Blade & Cold Steel". In my opinion the skill is more suitable for use. Only need to change the equip requirment and change the skill description to adjust. And both of these skills have animated particles when used. After all, the skill fits perfectly with the theme elements that Ronin has. ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:58:21 AM by Sch123 »

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Unique
    • status bored
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2018, 08:53:04 AM »
Since you requested ranged weapon support for Ronin, I thought making those buff a bit more unique rather than same as Kensei.

I wouldn't restore the old skills. Particle yes, I'll prob add it to Emberize later.

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, "Storm Blade & Cold Steel" skills can also be used for range weapons. It only needs to change the equipment skill and description of the skill. Because when I use Cold Steel skill I can use the Buff skill for a shotgun weapon and it's really good.

Maybe you can use particle effects from Cold Steel skills for Emberize skills. Because Emberize's skill has ice element, I think it will suitable. ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:06:07 AM by Sch123 »

Offline LeavingUndad

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2019, 09:41:19 AM »
Hi to all you guys @Viz @steffire3 @Epoch @Sch123!
I have just read all posts in this topic and feel that I should say thank you very much for all your efforts to revive, combine and fix the great mods of Far East Packs 1 & 2! Splendid work!
I hope that you were able to fix all most annoying bugs of those two old but interesting mods. As for my personal experience and as I can remember it, in original Far East Packs 1 & 2:
1) the game crashed each time when I tried to allocate earned stat points of my Mongol Archer with equipped stats-increasing gear on him (it could be avoided by unequipping them);
2) the game crashed spontaneously (sometimes but inevitably) when Kensei used auto-attack with his two-handed katana (any type of) on a large group of enemies; in addition to this and what was the most fatal - loading a save didn't help, cause crash occured inevitably at the same place!
Hope that you (particularly Epoch as it was mentioned above here) have managed to solve these problems, many thanks guys! If not, look into it, please!
I've started to play your new updated FEP+ mod (by the way, as it is now on April, 13, 2019, Steam version FEP+ is outdated: v. 10 in Steam while v. 11 is in torchlightfansite.com) and tried almost all classes. Should say that everything still goes smoothly and seems to be perfect, I enjoy it very much, thanks again!
The only thing is that Kensei cannot obtain a two-handed katana levelled approximately EQUAL to his level in the first part of the game (Sch123 has already mentioned this issue). Well, I understand that Nodachi-type swords are now Unique and Legendary only, but what about the Bokken-style swords? FEP+ merchant Mako in Estherian Enclave has to sell level 2 Bokken-swords only (green), so the Blacksmith, if he has any at his stock at all. Also Bokken-style swords don't drop in loot and are not given as reward. I don't believe that you supposed Kensei to run most part of the game with vanilla two-handed broadswords only, until he reaches level 50 approximately and would be enough lucky to discover a Unique Nodachi. Please, make Kensei possible to obtain a two-handed katana approximately EQUAL to his level! Perhaps add more levelled but not overpowered green and/or blue Bokken-style swords to sell at Mako?
Thanks in advance and good luck in everything you do! Sorry for making you read a long message, I'm prolix, I know!

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
Hi @LeavingUndad welcome to the forums and thanks for contributing to help improve the FEP+ mod!

Let's hope @Viz drops in soon so he can update you regarding your observations :thumbsup:

Offline LeavingUndad

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2019, 10:50:34 AM »
Hi @Phanjam! Thanks for reply! If I notice any possible bug or issue I'll certainly let @Viz know. Waiting impatiently for @Viz to reply to my previous post...

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2019, 03:28:05 AM »
oh pls be patient ;) most of the modders here are guys who squeeze modding into very little free time, only because they love what they do.

Hi @Phanjam! Thanks for reply! If I notice any possible bug or issue I'll certainly let @Viz know. Waiting impatiently for @Viz to reply to my previous post...

Offline LeavingUndad

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2019, 07:20:55 AM »
@Phanjam
Well, I know it and fully understand, real life certainly takes most part of our time: job, family, etc. Besides, if one has many ideas and things to do time is the only shortage he lacks. So I really appreciate it when you guys not only share your free time to make wonderful mods, but even discuss them in forums and answer noob's sometime stupid questions.
I wrote "waiting impatiently" just to let you know that I'll track this topic and am eager to know what @Viz will say. Anyway I'll be patient, of course.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
:D All is well then! I do hope you dont have to wait too long tho. Thanks again for the feedback ;)

Offline LeavingUndad

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
@Phanjam
Thanks to you too, but let's give no thanks everytime for a feedback, it's just a common sense!  ;)
@Viz
Today I've tried to play as Mongol Archer and am very happy that allocating earned stat points playing as Mongol Archer is no more a trouble in this mod, even if the character is heavily equipped with stats-increasing gear! Thanks a lot for this again, makes playing as Mongol Archer much more convenient! Earlier, when I played as Mongol Archer with Far East Packs 1 & 2 I was forced to unequip all (just in case) gear before spending stat points in order to avoid game crashing, and it was very annoying, to say the least. Now everyone can play with this class without fear of game crashing, thumbs up!  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:49:15 PM by LeavingUndad »

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

April 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13