News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
October 19, 2019, 02:30:14 PM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Lightbringer Mod (Paladin)  (Read 847 times)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
Re: Lightbringer Mod (Paladin)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
Hi @Rhythmier , I agree with @Phanjam. It's good if you give credit to the author who made it. ;)

I think using a charge bar that you have is also good (because it's unique from the others), there's no need to use a charge bar from the class WoW Paladin if you feel uncomfortable. ;D

But if you use the Icon from the Paladin class, it seems you need to credit the author in recognition of his work. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:36:04 AM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 03:50:06 AM »
I want to ask, when the charge bar is fully charged (5 charges) will the charge bar change color from silver to gold ?.

Because what I experienced when the charge bar is fully charged (5 charges), the charge bar color remains silver does not change to gold. Do I need to do something, so it become gold?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:47:34 AM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 05:28:55 AM »
Hi @Rhythmier , I just found disharmony when playing between Lightbringer + Alchemist (TL1CP) mod.

When placing Lightbringer above TL1CP, the Alchemis Shock skill will change to the Repent skill. I don't know why that happened and that skill cannot be used even though we have given a skill point.

But if you put Lightbringer under TL1CP, the skill of Shock to Alchemist doesn't change.

Offline Rhythmier

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 08:21:04 AM »
I want to ask, when the charge bar is fully charged (5 charges) will the charge bar change color from silver to gold ?.

Actually it won't, I just used the existing UI template within the game. So if yours changed from Gold to Silver surely that means you have a custom UI mod installed that changed the colour/theme of it. Unfortunately I'm still no good with customizing UI or even Icons. So until I do (or I found one that I can give credit to) the charge bar will remain as such.

When placing Lightbringer above TL1CP, the Alchemis Shock skill will change to the Repent skill. I don't know why that happened and that skill cannot be used even though we have given a skill point.

Hmm.... mostly due to the name of the skill. I'll change mine for the quick fix.

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »
Nice update. :)

I have suggestions for rebalancing problems to make low level challenging but useful at late games (especially late game synergies). Maybe you can set [Respite] to depend on the player's Vitality. That way I don't think it will be too overpowered. ;)

I want to ask, will you use the WoW Paladin Charge Bar? for your Lightbringer? Because I see a match with the Class theme, but if it's not, it's fine. :D

I also want to ask, are you going to replace the Lightbringer Tab Skill Icon with the WoW Paladin Tab Skill Icon?

Offline lolesch

• Rare
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Wait, do I have to credit the original author for his art work? ... I don't wanna steal someone's work if possible

The one thing is to drag someones art and drop it into your project - this is stealing if the author has not explicitly allowed you to reuse his work!

The other thing is to drag someones art and drop it into (lets say) photoshop, editing it to a significant amount and use it in your project - this is transformation and totally legal since there is no copyright on pixels them self. Just make sure that there is a personal touch to it even if the pattern stays the same. Also: as long as you do not offend the original content or make any money out of it the risk of being punished for spreading recognizable artwork is negligible (just mention these things aren't your personal creation!)

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/2014/12/22/much-photo-need-alter-avoid-copyright-infringement-hint-cheshire-cat/
some projects in progress

Offline Epoch

• Developer
  • Enchanted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 12:44:45 AM »
This is why I always used icons off this website!

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/repositories/icons.541/

Made just for other people to use and there are a whole lot of good ones. I think some are ripped from Blizzard games, so avoid those, but most are solid.

Offline Rhythmier

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 05:04:55 AM »
I want to ask, will you use the WoW Paladin Charge Bar? for your Lightbringer? Because I see a match with the Class theme, but if it's not, it's fine. :D

I also want to ask, are you going to replace the Lightbringer Tab Skill Icon with the WoW Paladin Tab Skill Icon?

@Sch123   :-\  That's the plan, but I wasn't skilled enough to make my own. Would definitely like to make my own custom icons and pics. But as of now maybe not yet, or unless i find suitable substitute .

@lolesch That's good to know. Maybe I really should pick up some pictures editing skills.

@Epoch Thanks for the hands up! I'll definitely check those out.  ;D

Sorry for the late reply, duty calls. Barely have enough time to sleep nowadays  :D

Offline Rhythmier

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 07:49:57 PM »
I have suggestions for rebalancing problems to make low level challenging but useful at late games (especially late game synergies). Maybe you can set [Respite] to depend on the player's Vitality. That way I don't think it will be too overpowered. ;)

The mod has been updated, now [Respite] depend on Charge!

I've made it that it'll consume 1 Charge only regardless of how many charges you have currently, but the Strength of the bubble depends on the amount of charge you have during the time of casting. SO theoretically you can always recast a 5 charge [Respite], given if you don't use it for [Judgement]  8)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
Hi @Rhythmier ,I found one more problematic skill when we also used another class, in this case the Blade Dancer class. I tested it using Variant Class and put Lightbringer above.

The blade dancer skills that are replaced are "Bastion" => "Radiance Armor".

Offline Rhythmier

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »
@Sch123 Fixed and Updated! Should be working fine now. Thanks for the discovery  :D

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
Hi @Rhythmier , If you are interested in replacing the Starter Armor for the Lightbringer Class you might see this armor (Images can be seen in Attachments).

I recommend "CASTER_05" & "CASTER_X07" armor. ;)

You can provide the armor on Path:

- media / units / players / HUM_class_M
- media / units / players / HUM_class_F

By adding code, for example:

Code: [Select]
	<STRING>SHOULDERS_OVERRIDE:CASTER_05_SHOULDERS
<STRING>GLOVES_OVERRIDE:CASTER_05_GLOVES
<STRING>PANTS_OVERRIDE:CASTER_05_PANTS
<STRING>BOOTS_OVERRIDE:CASTER_05_BOOTS
<STRING>CHEST_OVERRIDE:CASTER_05_CHEST

If you feel the armor shoulder is too annoying, you can not include it or replace it with another one.

Note:

You can also add armor to the head but it will close the player's head so that we cannot see his face and hair. :P

Offline Rhythmier

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 07:05:39 AM »
That's AWESOME! Gonna do the update later. Thanks a bunch! Been trying hard to change my wardrobe since the beginning of times  :D

p/s: Yes, Caster _X07 is definitely part of the wardrobe  ;)

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]