News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
August 18, 2018, 06:13:51 PM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lord Nyriox's Playground / Re: [TL2] Ultimate Respec Lite
« Last post by Lord Nyriox on Today at 05:15:08 PM »
u kbow how u can choose your reward after the quest? what if these were just choices instead of items? And the "next step" (whatever it might be) is affected by the choice you make like you get a certain affix or ur teleported to use a certain path etc

I have not gotten that far into Quest coding, but regarding the rewards subcomponent, here is what I know:

• XP, Fame, and Gold rewards are coded as always-active ranges (meaning that they are always given at the end of the Quest, if present within the DAT file).
  • Chosen item rewards, are handled using a particular SpawnClass, whose ID is under the "TreasureClass" tag in the Quest.
  • Quests that complete without a dedicated dialog (such as the semi-hidden "A1-STARTOFGAME" Quest), give every item that rolls from their associated SpawnClass, if one is tagged in the Quest.  (This is how my "Rapid Starting Equipment" mod can provide a complete armor set, all at once.)
  • To make a quest completable without a dialog of its own, its Name needs be be tagged by another Quest, using "COMPLETE_ON_QUEST_ACCEPT".  See the "A1-FIRSTQUEST" file for a functional example.

Also, @Phanjam, you are off-topic.  We are exploring the idea of creating a "merchant" that uses the Quest subsystem, to allow players to purchase Skill-points. 

Perhaps you can help test my idea of putting negative values in the reward fields of a Quest? 

My proposed testing environment is described in this post.
Modding Questions / Re: Where/how do I even get started?
« Last post by Ings on Today at 04:22:43 PM »
Maybe you can check the wiki for an introduction to the GUTS editor http://torchmodders.com/wiki/doku.php?id=guts_editor
Modding Questions / Re: Skills on weapons
« Last post by F430 on Today at 11:29:06 AM »
@Phanjam maybe -1 just means that the field is commented out? Kinda? If memory serves, I've seen hail stones use -1, some outlander skills use 1 and few engineer debuffs[?] use 0. I probably got it wrong but no matter.

As for the skill, not really a berserker player, but I'm all ears as far as ideas go, especially since you seem confident tha I can pull it off, unlike Sch123's suggestions, which are simply waaay above anything that I can reasonably pull off.

Lastly, if the above doesn't fly, I can jump ship and do the ricochet revolver based on steff's input, since I personally like that idea. Also because pistols are really underpowered late-game.
Help Wanted / Re: Request: Custom UI / HUD
« Last post by Aherin on Today at 08:40:20 AM »
Good to hear! :D
Modding Questions / Re: Where/how do I even get started?
« Last post by Phanjam on Today at 07:17:17 AM »
Hi @Katie Boundary welcome to the site!

Thr first step is wherever u choose to put ur foot :D im serious tho, ther is no right place to start. You asked about changing xp gain and thats as good a beginning as any.

Am not at my pc now but iirc thats controlled by a graph something like "player_xp_gain" ive never edited that myself so if i wanted to, id first look into how other mods did it (and there are such mods im sure).

Other than that just dont hesitate to ask! This site is precisely to help modders ;)
Modding Questions / Re: Skills on weapons
« Last post by Phanjam on Today at 07:08:54 AM »
@F430 for ricocheting bullets they ricochet of world but not mobs. If theyre piercing they can go thru the mobs and keep ricocheting until they hit their distance setting or their # of ricochets setting.

About the ignore resistance, pretty sure 0 is false, 1 is true. But dont know what -1 will do :P

Lastly about class-themed weap procs from their vanilla skills, i suggest u try someof berserkers wolf skills. Yes they are summons but they can proc from on_strike AND your skill level can handle it easily (despite your assertions to the contrary). Will be happy to guide ;)
Lord Nyriox's Playground / Re: [TL2] Ultimate Respec Lite
« Last post by Phanjam on Today at 06:52:35 AM »
I just thought of something (may be totally useless but here goes) - u kbow how u can choose your reward after the quest? what if these were just choices instead of items? And the "next step" (whatever it might be) is affected by the choice you make like you get a certain affix or ur teleported to use a certain path etc
News & Announcements / Re: Torchlight Frontiers announced
« Last post by Phanjam on Today at 06:41:32 AM »
Im having a hard time seeing individual details from this shot! :D
Modding Questions / Where/how do I even get started?
« Last post by Katie Boundary on Today at 02:20:47 AM »
I'm not ambitious. I won't be doing any 3-D modeling, or adding new skills, or anything big. I just want to know how to get started on super-basic stuff. Like, let's say that I wanted to double the rate of experience gain, or make monsters always drop set items. What's the first step of TL2 mod-making?
Help Wanted / Re: I want to start a little project
« Last post by Sch123 on August 17, 2018, 10:13:18 PM »
Hi @Ings

I like the Loot Merge Mod that you made, can you add Ripper's Armory Mod to it, but keep in mind because when I try to play Loot Merge with Ripper's Armory there will be a crash. Can you combine it without crashes.

And can you also add Ruination & Laser Gun from Noddyngineering!!, and do a little tweak and improve what is there. Because the weapons there need repairs. Like;

- Minigun weapons, it needs to be made can cool down the weapon itself without spell coolant. Remove spell coolant, if the weapon can cool itself then the spell coolant is no longer needed.

- Flamethrower weapons, it needs to be made like a Minigun when the weapon is hot, the weapon will stop firing, and it also needs to be made so that the weapon can cool its own weapon without a spell coolant.

- Rifle weapons, need to increase accuracy and need to add penetrating effects to feel like a sniper rifle.

- Light Saber weapons, need to add the effect of reflecting a projectile attack to feel like a Starwars light saber.

- Laser Gun weapons, need to increase accuracy and made to bounce when shooting objects.

Other weapons list:

- Hand Crossbows weapons from THE SCOUT. Need repair because, the weapon is not selling in the Merchant and if you get it from monster drop / treasure chest then the weapon will disappear if we exit the Game. And if you use command code to get that weapon it, nothing will happen.

I also read that you will also make other Loot Overhaul. I hope you succeed.

Will you also add other items like Spell, Gems & Accessories? or is it still related to the Loot or something? Like Wand Homing Projectiles & UNITITEM, etc...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11