News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
May 27, 2018, 11:34:40 PM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mod Showcase / Re: FEP+
« Last post by Viz on Today at 10:34:26 PM »
Hello David. 

Well the skill does as what the tooltip describe. Heals the Grandmaster after every 10 attack on enemies.

I'd probably nerf the proc from requiring 10 attacks > 30 attacks.
« Last post by DavidBurnsideZF on Today at 06:50:31 PM »
Hi there, @Viz, how are you? :)

I've been testing your new changes to the Grand Master's skills, and everything is working just fine, even though I think the Health and Mana recovery granted by the Stamina skill seems to be too high, making my character almost invincible. Can you please tell me how it works? Does it need nerfing?
« Last post by Viz on Today at 04:34:48 AM »
@Viz does it include the new Media Folder? Is there a method I can use to decompile it properly and keep the Skill Tags in one piece?
Nah that's just the mod.

I'll sent the media folder link in pm.
« Last post by steffire3 on Today at 03:47:23 AM »
@Viz does it include the new Media Folder? Is there a method I can use to decompile it properly and keep the Skill Tags in one piece?
Skills Masteries Classless Concept / Re: "Skills Masteries" Classless Concept
« Last post by lolesch on May 26, 2018, 12:13:51 AM »
Call me necro...

How far you pushed the concept @Phanjam ?
I haven’t worked on my mod but on the concept of zodiacal signs again
Curious to see one of these in action
Cheers mate
News & Announcements / Re: Renew hosting for 2018. It will expire in 30 days!
« Last post by Wolven on May 26, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »
Hey guys, I wasn’t there for a long time, seems like I came at the right moment to help a little.
Any progress with other hosts or something? If not I’d appreciate a visual bar that is filling up, helps to reach the final goal I guess.
Anyways, gonna donate some money, this forum is still so worth to be supported!
Cheers
lolesch

Hi lolesch. Welcome back.

I haven't looked at any other hosts, but I will most likely downgrade our plan with the current host to lower the cost. And I haven't gotten around to setting up a visual indicator for the donation progress. So if anyone as a suggestion to one we can use, which will work here, that would be great.

As of now, including your donation we're up to $145 ish, so we're getting close. (The dollar is at a lower rate than the Euro.)

Thank you very much for your contribution.  :)

News & Announcements / Re: Renew hosting for 2018. It will expire in 30 days!
« Last post by lolesch on May 25, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »
Hey guys, I wasn’t there for a long time, seems like I came at the right moment to help a little.
Any progress with other hosts or something? If not I’d appreciate a visual bar that is filling up, helps to reach the final goal I guess.
Anyways, gonna donate some money, this forum is still so worth to be supported!
Cheers
lolesch
« Last post by Sch123 on May 25, 2018, 05:37:41 AM »
Thanks @Viz :)
Modding Questions / Re: [TL2] "Dragon Alchemist" Class
« Last post by Lord Nyriox on May 25, 2018, 05:03:26 AM »
Yes, these are assumptions, but the Guardian of Mana talks about this: "Ordrak was once a Guardian, of sorts, and his heart is more powerful than they imagine."

Indeed. 

Of course, one can quibble on the significance of the "of sorts" qualifier (because the phrasing seems to imply Ordrak was guardian of something other than an element), but I do see your point. 

In any case, I'm just trying to explain why I have proposed the "wild dragon" class. Just because it is more logical for the TL2 world as I think. Also, all animations perfectly fit into this concept.

When I first began working on this class, "wild dragon" was what I was thinking, too. 

But then, the dialog of the first quest really nagged at me (since it effectively implied that my character could talk), and I had to come up with some kind of lore-friendly explanation for that, so it wouldn't feel as jarring. 

Which got me to thinking about the official TL1-era lore for Ordrak (which I more or less summarized at the beginning of this debate)—and so I decided that my dragon character must have been doping up on Ember.  ;} 

I found I rather liked that idea in terms of both lore (stopping the Ember Blight becomes a whole lot more urgent when you are practically a carrier of it) and play-style (what could be more destructive than a dragon that wields magic?). 

From there, I came up with this idea of a small sect of dragons that feed their hatchlings Ember to make them more magically inclined (and coincidentally more humanoid in thinking), which sent some of its members out to stop the accelerated spread of Ember Blight.  Hence all the chasing after the Dark Alchemist (or whatever his official title is). 

Going back to the original subject (since we could argue the lore aspect for months), the true original reason I made the weapons visible was "because I could".  On a purely aesthetic level, not many monster models actually look more or less decent with weapons in their hands—and when I found that the firedrake model was one of those few, I could not resist taking advantage of it. 

That being said, I could easily make two releases of this mod—one with visible weapons and one with them hidden.  But having at least an option to see weapons is a must for me, given the above statements. 

Modding Questions / Re: [TL2] "Dragon Alchemist" Class
« Last post by Kva3imoda on May 25, 2018, 01:27:51 AM »
While that would be a fun theory to explore in an expansion mod, note that the term "retcon" was mentioned.  In other words, at the time of TL2's release, this was not official lore.  It was a user proposal for future content, but one that did not actually end up in anything posted by Runic Games.
Yes, these are assumptions, but the Guardian of Mana talks about this: "Ordrak was once a Guardian, of sorts, and his heart is more powerful than they imagine."

In any case, I'm just trying to explain why I have proposed the "wild dragon" class. Just because it is more logical for the TL2 world as I think. Also, all animations perfectly fit into this concept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

May 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12