News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
July 26, 2017, 04:32:14 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Some Bugs Report and Request Idea  (Read 383 times)

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
Some Bugs Report and Request Idea
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:29:42 PM »
Bug report:

<Variant Classes>

1. Theolentis Class:

- Crash when used "Anaerobic Acolytes" skill
- "Favor: Electron Veil" skill doesn't cancel when I used "Dispell Auras" ( It made me become unable to use another spell. If you want to use another spell, I have to wait 2 minutes until the effect of the spell is gone )
- "Sepulchre" skill doesn't do anything, because I didn't found any "Bind Scroll Spell" (Not even in Spell Merchants )

Ps: Can you give "Sepulcher" skill bonus tiers effect ( Because each add skill point on the skill, the skill is no change at all. For example, can be added : + attack and defense capabilities, + attack speed, - Colldown and Mana cost, ect ...)

2. Red Mage:

- Crash when trying to use this class

Request:

1. Combine Mod:

- Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- Equipment Slots Overhaul EC + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- HUD Expanse + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- Skills Expansion + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume

Question & Idea:

<Variant Classes>

1. Is it possible, if all classes in Variant Classes mod have "passive skills" for the future ?

2. Can you make all portraits in each class different from one another for Variant Classes ?

3. You allso can improve Tenebris and Preacher with the one on Torchlight II Essentials. So preacher no longer need to buy potion to restore resisten and also includes the Preacher Skin Add-on. For the Tenebris portrais and different costumes allso removed penalty for decreasing vitality. For both of them Unlocks all Hairstyles, New hair colors and Facial Appearance options in the Character Creation menu!

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood question
Re: Some Bugs Report and Request Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:46:53 AM »
Well, thanks for the feedback. Here's some clarification to your question. ;)

Bug report
1. Anaerobic Acolytes skill works fine for me. The reason the skill is crashing is because there is other mods which has files that uses the same GUID as the Anaerobic skill. In layman's term, there's some conflicting stuff between other mods' files and the skill. There will be a fix for it in the next update.

2. Electron Veil, noted. I'll check it later.

3. Sepulcher skill.. I will take a look at this.  afaik if you use other mods which adds tons of item on general merchant, the chances to find the scroll will be much lower since it generates item randomly.

4. So far, me and @doudley only received reports of Red Mage crashes on Mac user. Windows/Linux user can use the classes. Unfortunately..  we are still looking for solution to the crashing issues, as we have no idea what's exactly causing this issue.

Request
- These mods are all the work of @doudley , so he's the only one who could merge them correctly.

Ideas
1. By passive skill.. did you meant this mod? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153565915&searchtext=passive

It's possible but this will require a huge amount of work of adding a new skill tab to 24 different classes. These classes are already overpowered compared to base classses.. so that's a no.

2. I wish I could, but I'm not artistic enough to create a unique portraits for each classes. Sorry :/

3. Can you elaborate on this matter? The  potion for Preacher can be deleted if needed.
Tenebris already have all hair options in Variant. There's probably a conflict with TL2 Essentials because it provides Tenebris class too.
So, if you're using TL2 Essentials and Variant together, Tenebris hair options will be limited if you load Essential higher than Variant. What you need to do is load Essential below Variant and Tenebris will have more hair options.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:02:58 AM by Viz »

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:55:31 AM »
Thank you for answering my question. By the way I have also told Doudley about this and he advised me to tell you directly in here (Torchmodders), and yeah I also use Mac Os.

For Preacher Class:

Yeah potion on merchant, I did not see this useful enough. Probably because I'm using a new character. I think rather than drinking the potion better change the ability of Preacher directly.

For Tenebris Class:

As you pointed out, there is indeed a slight difference from the preacher and tenebris class in the Variant Mod that you have with Torchlight II Essentials Mod. In Torchlight II Essentials there is also a Preacher and Tenebris class, in this mod there is no herb for status / abilty Preacher, and Tenebris portrait and outfits are changed. Vitality exposure when adding skill points to some skills is also omitted in this Mod.

For Theolentis Class & Red Mage:

Ok, I will wait  :)

<Other:>

Add some Other Class, like:

-Demon Classes (v.12)

Mod that I'm used (In Order):

- Equipment Slots Overhaul EC / HUD Expanse
- Arcane and Bestiary
- Indicators Premium
- Easy Level Up (v.0)
- Skills Expansion
- Torchlight II Essentials
- TL1CP v177 (Update 3) (v.177)
- Variant Classes by Viz [V6]
- SynergiesMOD (v.1337)
- Armour, Weapons, and Classes Oh My! <Far East Pack 1 & 2 and other armor & weapon Mod>
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:07:33 AM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Cosmic Reality Entanglement Ethereal Probability
  • Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 02:25:42 AM »
Request:

1. Combine Mod:

- Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
Done.
- Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
I may have to publish a new mod for this.
- Equipment Slots Overhaul EC + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- HUD Expanse + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume
- Skills Expansion + Arcane and Bestiary + Indicators Premium + Auto Consume

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
Hi @doudley, thanks for your quick response.

I heard you're planning on making a new Mod about Pets. I found Mod that may be one of your inspirations in making Ultimate Pets Mod. Here it is, pets (v.6) <Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153695617&searchtext= >.

I think that Mod can give you the idea to solve the problem of "perfect equipment comparison". For all your mods Brother-in-Arms compatibility mod and those using Cosmetic have the same problem that is in terms of equipment comparison.

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »
Hi @doudley, thanks for your quick response.

I heard you're planning on making a new Mod about Pets. I found Mod that may be one of your inspirations in making Ultimate Pets Mod. Here it is, pets (v.6) <Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153695617&searchtext= >.

I think that Mod can give you the idea to solve the problem of "perfect equipment comparison". For all your mods Brother-in-Arms compatibility mod and those using Cosmetic have the same problem that is in terms of equipment comparison.
Apparently, the Pets mod didn't do anything unique, at least in my sake, it has nothing new to offer. And its equipment compare fix is only intended for non-visual pet armors, by this I mean it won't work for human character companions.

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
I've done some update on Variant recently.

- Preacher's potion has been deleted, and original hair options are restored.
- Sepulcher skill is still being look into.
- I've checked Electron Veil interaction with Dispel Aura and it works fine for me.
Dispel Aura does remove the buff.. so I'm going to assume that there's a conflict with another mod that you used that prevents Dispel Aura from removing Electron Veil.

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 02:45:54 AM »
I've done some update on Variant recently.

- Preacher's potion has been deleted, and original hair options are restored.
- Sepulcher skill is still being look into.
- I've checked Electron Veil interaction with Dispel Aura and it works fine for me.
Dispel Aura does remove the buff.. so I'm going to assume that there's a conflict with another mod that you used that prevents Dispel Aura from removing Electron Veil.

- I've tried using only Variant Mod [V7] but the result remains the same, Dispel Aura does not remove the Electron Veil interaction buff. (Theolentis Class)
- Anaerobic Acolytes skill still crash when used (Theolentis Class)
- Red Mage still crash when used

Ps: - Is there a plan to add a new class? like Demon Classes (v.12) [link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286562111&searchtext=Demon+Classes+%28v.12%29] Maybe still need a little improvement  :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:53:53 AM by Sch123 »

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:07:16 AM »
..Really?   :o

Well then there's something serious compatibility issue regarding Theolentist and Mac OS because I've tried both Dispel Aura and Anaerobic skill and they worked fine for me.

If Red Mage is still crashing, then the fix that doudley made isn't working. We are back to square one since we still have no idea why it kept crashing for Mac users.

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »
..Really?   :o

Well then there's something serious compatibility issue regarding Theolentist and Mac OS because I've tried both Dispel Aura and Anaerobic skill and they worked fine for me.

If Red Mage is still crashing, then the fix that doudley made isn't working. We are back to square one since we still have no idea why it kept crashing for Mac users.

- I found another bug on the Theolentist class, Intelligent Design Skill crash when used

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
Again, Intelligent Design works fine on my end. I'm on Windows 7.

We are really running out of ideas on why these crashing issues only occurs on Mac OS.

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 03:21:24 AM »
@Sch123

Try this version of Variant and see if the crashing issue is still occurring for you.
Note that the fix is pretty much experimental so it may or may not work.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B4s8HV89FStzNTJRQXlWSElHQ0k&export=download

Offline Sch123

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:14:20 AM »
@Sch123

Try this version of Variant and see if the crashing issue is still occurring for you.
Note that the fix is pretty much experimental so it may or may not work.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B4s8HV89FStzNTJRQXlWSElHQ0k&export=download

I've tried it and the result is the same  :(

- I found something on Electron Veil Interaction skill, while still under rank 4 the skill can not be removed with Dispel Aura, but when it reaches tier I [rank 5] the skill can be removed

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Enchanted
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:59 AM »
Alright I found out why Electron Veil doesn't get dispelled in rank 1-4. I'll fix it. This apparently happens in original mod as well.

So.. other skills are still crashing for you? Red Mage creation as well? This is getting really problematic, and I'm starting to think that these crashing issue on Mac OS can't really be fixed.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but this is prob going to be beyond our capabilities to fix it. I'll discuss with doudley and see if he can tinker something again.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:42:45 AM by Viz »

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »
I've tried it and the result is the same  :(
Has this been tested on new game character(s)?

By test, I mean Red Mage has been selected and played and Theolentist's skills have been executed?

If yes, then the crashing issue has nothing to do with image or texture encodes.

I already made sure that all icon names are unique and no existing name are being used.

I already tried re-encoding texture files (.dds) and proof checked texture files' directory or folder location.

The hope in fixing this, is running very thin.

What things we can make sure to not cause the crashing issue are:
- Sound data because Red Mage and Theolentist does not have any in their files
- GUID conflict because if this happens, it will take affect on Windows users too
- Corrupted .dat or .layout files because if any of those has problems, it will take affect on Windows users too

So.. other skills are still crashing for you? Red Mage creation as well? This is getting really problematic, and I'm starting to think that these crashing issue on Mac OS can't really be fixed.
Lol Sorry, we both pointed out the same response. :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:21:17 AM by doudley »

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22