collapse

* Important

The forum and all threads have been locked, but are still available for browsing.  There is more information about this here.

The

Is still open for article contributions.

Author Topic: Utility to split ogre3d multi-animation skeleton xml files  (Read 11519 times)

Offline Vkoslak

• Developer
  • Rare
    • View Profile
Utility to split ogre3d multi-animation skeleton xml files
« on: March 31, 2018, 06:17:45 pm »
Splits animations in a single Ogre3d Skeleton xml file into individual xml files for each animation.

I've been working on adding a new model with its own skeleton structure and making the standard animations work plus adding some new ones and ran into a large inconvenience.

I use Blender and the OGRECave/blender2ogre plugin to export, but it exports all the animations into one big skeleton file. This is handy for previewing in Ogremeshy, but Torchlight2 needed the animations in separate files. So I made this tool to split the skeleton into individual skeleton xml files.

https://github.com/RobJames-Texas/OgreSkeletonUtil

Click on the releases tab to just get the binaries.  I put up versions for x64, x86, and mac.  If you don't have dot net core 2.0 installed,  grab the "full" version.

I may try to make it use the ogre command line tools so it will work directly on the skeleton files and convert the finished xml into skeleton format. But that is for another day.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:19:47 pm by Vkoslak »

Offline steffire3

• Mod_Seeker, Balance_Researcher, Person_Listener.
  • Rare
  • I am more active on the Steam Workshop Discussions
    • status busy
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
Re: Utility to split ogre3d multi-animation skeleton xml files
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:48:01 am »
@Vkoslak thank you so much for this tool! I have spoken with a few Steam Workshop Modders over the years and they will appreciate this!  :)
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

-is being able to have "support" from the author of any mod.

I think the only advice I can give is that you don't burn yourself out. ^_^

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Re: Utility to split ogre3d multi-animation skeleton xml files
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:22:10 am »
I couldnt find much discussion here about the ogrecave blender addon itself (only mentions). Here is its github page for more info..
https://github.com/OGRECave/blender2ogre

Our host and sponsor

* Quick Search

* Mod Boards Activity

* Popular Topics