News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
August 26, 2019, 09:02:50 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Mod Files (Alpha)  (Read 4973 times)

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
Mod Files (Alpha)
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »
Going to release this mod as it is right now, it's rather playable and changes the game a lot.

I plan on plugging away at it from time to time once again.

You can download the file (latest file 2/28/2015) STEAM

I highly suggest using a fresh character with minimal mods (nothing that changes stats or items) so you can have a clear understanding of what the mod is doing.

IF YOU USE AN EXISTING CHARACTER, YOU WILL NEED TO USE A RED PILL FROM THE QUEST GIVER IN THE FIRST ACT 1 TOWN TO GET THE NEW STAT CHANGES TO APPLY

Legendary items are incomplete, I plan on overhauling the affixes on them.  They are just higher levels of the vanilla unique items currently and don't spawn any random affixes.

I am going to most likely include Chthon's Armor Fix Mod (if given permission), so I would grab that as well and run it with this mod.

Mod Changes as of 2/22/2015

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:10:35 AM by RnF »

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Re: Mod Files (Alpha)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
First...

IT IS REALLY GOOD HEARING FROM YOU AGAIN RNF!

Second, it's great to know you've reached this playable stage with your mod and I am raring to try it out (downloaded and will give it a spin right after this).

I guess I should de-activate LAO, shouldn't I?

Okay, will give feedback as soon as I have any. Thanks mucho for this RnF!

EDIT:
As I've just come up with an item-set (and would like to do some more) can you tell me if I should be making them in any particular way, to make them compatible with thisoverhaul mod?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:45:41 PM by Phanjam »

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:51 PM »
Itís good to be back.  Thanks!  I should be able to find some time to start working again on this mod.  I have put a lot of work in it already; I canít let it go to the wayside ;)

Yes, disable any version of LAO.  This mod is intended to replace it, but add a ton more balancing/fix features.  It should be much better.  There wonít be as many items, but honestly, it doesn't need that many more.

I can give you the format for armor once I get home from work.

It's up to you to work within my framework.  IF you have the item inherit a certain file, it will take care of it's self for the most part.  I tried to make this as easy as possible to adapt.  I relied on inheriting values big time, which is good :)

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »
Also, I am aware of a bug where the Sturm items are spawning almost exclusively at the beginning levels.  If you are a caster, you won't find any armor that are catered to the class for a bit.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix, just haven't looked at it.  Should be more variety, which means it's most likely a rarity value that was put in error.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
Hi RnF! Put in about 1.5hrs last night and reached Lvl4. hope this feedback is valid at such a low level! Am using a Destro from the TL1CP mod so i took the red pill.

I put about 8pts into Vit so far but the HP regen got really boosted! Maybe too much?

2handers still seem not much better than 1handers :(

LOVE what youve done with staves! I see what you mean about the anim seeming a bit fast. Maybe you could use dampvelocity in the .animation file?

Overall i am liking it so far. Its a keeper :) will keep giving feedback

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, the mod is rather raw and still needs a lot of work still, but any feedback at this point only helps.

Yeah, I actually have not included the 2 hander affixes yet, I have just increased the damage output slightly.  I plan on doing more for them, just haven't gotten that far yet.  Trying to get the general item changes done first, which are coming along nicely. 

I may just import over the LAO affix changes. But gotta squash some of the issues with this mod before doing so.  I also need to decide how I want to implement the affixes for 2 hand items.  May go with slightly less affixes overall but more powerful ones.

What difficulty did you play on?  The HP regen from vitality can be adjusted if it's too much, I have noticed that too.  But I was only playing normal and nothing really hits me that hard in that mode.

Offline Bill Hartman

• Developer
  • Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 12:13:55 AM »
Good to see you, RnF!

You may or may not remember, but we discussed modding Diablo Rare items and item tier levels on the Runic forums. I'd still like to do the Diablo rare item generation at some point.

I think I have found a workaround for the item tiers. Using my translation trick, I force white text for the weapon description below the item color. I also removed the color overlays...leaving only the item color text as the only tier differentiator (aside from a small bug with set item).

I can upload if you like...it is a small change.

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 02:28:59 AM »

2handers still seem not much better than 1handers :(

Here you go, mod version with the LAO affixes.  I did not include Wayback's affixes.  They were incomplete on the changes.

This version includes a few minor bug fixes.
Armor values have been changed somewhat, they were higher than intended.

DOWNLOAD MOD

In regards to you wanting to make your set items compatible, you first need to decide what armor type it will become.

I have created 4 armor types, you need to decide what one it belongs too.

Cloth = Embermage or Focus/Vitality stats
Light = Outlander or Dexterity/Vitality stats
Medium = Berserker or Strength/Vitality stats
Heavy = Engineer or Strength/Vitality stats

I would just send it my way, if you don't have all the files you won't be able to make it compatible.

I think I will have to make a Modders Compatibility pack at some point that includes all the new Unittypes and basefiles I have created to allow modders build around what has been created.

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 02:45:18 AM »
Good to see you, RnF!

You may or may not remember, but we discussed modding Diablo Rare items and item tier levels on the Runic forums. I'd still like to do the Diablo rare item generation at some point.

I think I have found a workaround for the item tiers. Using my translation trick, I force white text for the weapon description below the item color. I also removed the color overlays...leaving only the item color text as the only tier differentiator (aside from a small bug with set item).

I can upload if you like...it is a small change.

I would like to see your white text trick in action though.  Can you get the files?  This would open a lot of possibilities!

Hey Bill!  Good to hear from you again.

I have decided to work within the confines of the game mechanics.

By shifting ALL the vanilla Unique items to the Legendary Tier, it freed up the Unique Tier to become the "Yellow Rare" Tier that was found in diablo II.  I think I am happy with the results.  The Unique items are now just a higher tiered random item.  If I feel the need to change the affix system to be D2 like, I will do it.  But it will have to come later for sure.  The Legendary item changes I am planing on are going to take a ton of time, and I really want those to be the focus of the mod. 

So an overhaul of the affix system may not happen soon.

I would like to see the white text changes though.  This would open up a lot of options item Tier wise, I have an idea brewing in my head about Legendary Affixes, and the current Unique/Legendary Tier breaks the idea.  This tier behaves differently than the others and I do want to utilize the prefix and suffix options available for affixes.

If I moved all the items down to the "rare tier" and recolored the items, things could get interesting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:57:52 AM by RnF »

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
Quote from: RnF link
Here you go, mod version with the LAO affixes.
Thanks mucho RnF!  Will switch testing to this version.
Ooh, LAO-style random affixes? On all items?
So the LAO-style of random affixes doesn't interfere with your vision for this mod? This sounds great to me!

In regards to you wanting to make your set items compatible ... I would just send it my way, if you don't have all the files you won't be able to make it compatible.
From your discussion of the armor types, is it a matter of changing the base unit file it inherits from, to point to one of the armor types?  If so, should be fairly easy.

But let me take you up on your offer to makethe first set-up (I should be able to take it from there).  The un-packed armorset files are on the Trello repo.

I think I will have to make a Modders Compatibility pack at some point that includes all the new Unittypes and basefiles I have created to allow modders build around what has been created.
That would be most excellent! But I think something like that can wait a little bit ;)

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
Yes it would be referencing the right base file and striping a few stats on your items.

The LAO affixes will be on all items, Legendary items are not generating any randoms yet.  Thats the next stage.

Thanks for the files.

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »
Updated the file 2/28/2015

- Removed Waybacks Affix expansion from being able to spawn on non Legendary items.  These will become Legendary only affixes to set them apart from other items.

- Created new Rare armor (blue) items from all the normal (white) armor, except rings and amulets.  This will add more variety to the Rare Random Tier, will eventually clone these into Unique items as well.  Plus there are some cool items that just get discarded just being normal.  May as well make them usable.

- Dramatically reduced the amount of affixes appearing on random items.  This will help make Legendary items better.  With out Legendary items you should struggle in this game.  With too many affixes, it makes the game too easy.

- Removed Generic item bonuses from weapons (Knock back from bows, stun from Cannons etc), these affixes can be spawned on the items, it is redundant.  And it was adding too many affixes to the items.

- Changed the spawn level on the Proc affixes to be level 50 and higher. 

- Fixed a few item bugs I came across

See first post to download file

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
One other thing.

I am going to most likely include Chthon's Armor Fix Mod (if given permission), so I would grab that as well and run it with this mod.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:12:10 PM by RnF »

Offline Bill Hartman

• Developer
  • Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 06:58:51 PM »
Hi RnF,

Plan on using anything I emailed you (the additional normal/gray items or the translation trick)?

Have a good one,

Bill

Offline RnF

• Rare
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
Hi Bill,

I may use it for another mod later on down the road I have an idea for.  I won't be using it for this mod for now.

Thanks.

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17