News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
November 13, 2019, 05:02:29 AM
collapse

Author Topic: Variant Classes Bug Reports  (Read 18569 times)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
Re: Variant Classes Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »
Do you mean dummy 1 summon dummy 2, dummy 3, etc ...
So the existing dummy becomes overload (too much summon dummy).

If that is the cause, it might be overcome by loop casting. My point is the dummy 1 no longer calls dummy 2, dummy 3, etc ... Instead of dummy 1 he calls himself back. That way there is no more junk data.

Sorry if I'm wrong. :)

Offline Willis

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »
Do you mean dummy 1 summon dummy 2, dummy 3, etc ...
So the existing dummy becomes overload (too much summon dummy).

If that is the cause, it might be overcome by loop casting. My point is the dummy 1 no longer calls dummy 2, dummy 3, etc ... Instead of dummy 1 he calls himself back. That way there is no more junk data.

Sorry if I'm wrong. :)
Not sure. But it's more like it's already loop casting. It's more like

Dummy Kitty
Skill: Apply xxx buff

Apply xxx buff
Usage: apply buff and summon dummy kitty

as single player game doesn't crash. And it called like once per second. For single player, it's fine. But for multiplayer, the package of information sent to your counterpart may become huge as it may contain several seconds (it depends on how long it took to load and how Torchlight 2 is coded, but I'm really bad at how data being transferred). If it's the case, the game client may need to load tons of affixes, effects, stat change, creation and destroy of dummy at a very short time. The loading can caused a crash.

Of course, all the above is like assumption and I'm just a self-learner. So my assumption can probably be wrong. As long as there is not a solution, we will never know what happen unless somebody can really hijack the data transaction process and see what's going on, which require much more skills that handling Guts.

I think all my assumption are wrong. The reason why the buff ignores CD is that it's a passive skill. May be switching it into active skills with short duration and shorter CD can help. In fact, if I do kill the dummy on warp and change the duration of the skill into 1.5s, it works on most toggle skills, but not this one as this one use counter to see whether the skill was on. So, can anyone give me some data on whether those classes that may crash the game all have toggle skills? So far, here are two reasons I can think of.
1. We have to kill the dummy, otherwise the game may have the possibility to crash. However, if my memory is correct, nethermancer does kill all the summon (not sure is it includes dummy) on warp and it still causes crash.
2. Duplication of skills. As I notice that sometime there were two same buff icon instead of one when I use Pludgelord. When I saw that, the client will crash for 100% of the times when I change an area.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:39:49 PM by Willis »

Offline Willis

• Common
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
Alright, I found that PlagueLord did not kill the dummy on recast. It simply summon a useless dummy with same family name to replace it. But i still think it won't caused the crash. The most problematic thing is, when PlagueLord dies, it won't kill the dummy nor cast the useless dummy, but apply an affix "blood_charge_off" that clean the stat. So, that dummy will still try to keep the passive with level 0, and the skill that will trigger on caster die. When you cast the skill again, it will reapply the affix "blood_charge_on" without removing the "blood_charge_off". Will it be necessary to remove the affix for clear stats? I don't know. But I think the best practice is still removing any affix when it's not needed.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:33:43 PM by Willis »

Offline steffire3

• Mod_Seeker, Balance_Researcher, Person_Listener.
  • Rare
  • I am more active on the Steam Workshop Discussions
    • status busy
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2019, 03:19:00 AM »
@Viz @Phanjam @Sch123 : Bug Report came in on Steam : https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/900049612/1640913421074073623/

Quote from: Edge+12
Bug in Prophetess class
Hello,

For this class. If I respec all skills from the lady the aura will be disabled, but then once I add one point in any passive skill the aura will come even If I put no skill point in it. Could you please check this?

mods are:

Variant classes by Viz
Synergies and essentials patch
Torchlight II essentials
Synergies Mod
evil UI
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

-is being able to have "support" from the author of any mod.

I think the only advice I can give is that you don't burn yourself out. ^_^

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
@steffire3 I have checked it and indeed there is a bug like he said when we respect skill aura and then give skill points to the any skill passives, the last aura skill we use will be active even thou without us having to give skill points.

I suspect because the existing aura skills are like passive skill with the duration always active until another aura skill is used. My suggestion is, instead of giving the duration that is always active, it might be great just given a long duration (30 minutes / 1 hour). ;)

By the way, have you tried asking Drew on Steam, maybe it would be faster to ask him directly. That way it will make it easier for Viz to update with the new version. :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:57:10 PM by Sch123 »

Offline steffire3

• Mod_Seeker, Balance_Researcher, Person_Listener.
  • Rare
  • I am more active on the Steam Workshop Discussions
    • status busy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
@Sch123 Thanks so much for suggesting that! Totally slipped my mind to just ask class author Drewrobi. In fact I should ask him to simply hand Phanjam his latest files to make a fix easier. Great call!  :)
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

-is being able to have "support" from the author of any mod.

I think the only advice I can give is that you don't burn yourself out. ^_^

Offline Viz

• Lowkey Modder
  • Unique
    • status bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Yes try asking drew for the fix first.
In the meantime I'll try to update Variant with the new changes from drew's classes

negreanu11

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2019, 07:23:09 PM »
Hi, just found one problem with wilding class, in second tree, first skill- if you want just move mouse curson on this skill it will automatically ctd. Could you fix that ?

Tags: crashes 

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

November 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16