In this tutorial we'll create a quest that asks players to kill a monster and retrieve the item it drops.
1. Open TorchED. Under the Data Editors menu, select Quests. You can select an existing quest to clone to give you a head start, but for this tutorial we'll be starting from scratch.
2. With your new quest selected, look at the properties pane on the lower right.
3. Right click on the QUEST box again, and this time add DIALOG.
4. You'll need to follow the same basic process for Return, Complete, and Details.
5. Now that the dialog is all set, we just need to tell the quest what monster must be defeated.
With that, your quest is complete. Hit save in the upper left.
6. Now we need to make an NPC to who will give the quest. In the main editor, go to Data Editors → Units.
7. The last step is to add the new character to town. You can just open up the town layout in the editor, add a new monster, and set the monster to be the NPC you just made.
You can follow similar steps to make a special monster for your quest, and to create a special item for players to retrieve.