News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
July 20, 2019, 03:57:01 AM
collapse

Author Topic: FEP+ April 2019 Update  (Read 430 times)

Offline steffire3

• Mod_Seeker, Balance_Researcher, Person_Listener.
  • Rare
  • I am more active on the Steam Workshop Discussions
    • status busy
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
FEP+ April 2019 Update
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »
@LeavingUndad : Hello!  :)
I have finally uploaded version 11 of Fep+ onto the Workshop! Steam users can now experience the latest changes for the Ronin and Ninja.

EDIT May 15, 2019 (phanjam)

This is a repost of @steffire3 's "Development Control Thread" for FEP+ bug-fixes in the Steam forums (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1281728074/1678064284160410718/)

I copied it here since a lot of updates about the work done (mainly from Epoch so far) are being posted here.  Hopefully keeping the updates together with the main post will make it easier for Steffire (and me lol) to keep track of things.

Development To Do List: Fep+

I'm re-categorizing this between Classes and will number after their Letters.  This should make it easier for you to see which Class is involved.

Ronin
R_1. fix the Ronin's Vicious Slash Skill which Sch123 and I confirmed to be bugged. (phan edit) Bug description: "It's currently showing as an empty dark square on player's screens. Completely inaccessible." - Done by Epoch, 5/16

R_2. (added by phan, 5/15) Change Ronin character select animation (current anim makes equipped weapons clip into the chacracter's head)

Warrior Monk
WM_1. Change the Monk's Skills to also allow Great Hammers - Done by Epoch, 5/11

WM_2. Warrior Monk:
- Chi Blast Skill Not working on Polearm & Great Hammer - Done by Epoch, 5/16

Kensei
K_1. Change the Kensei Skills to also include Polearms - Done by Epoch, 5/11

K_2. Change the starting weapon for the Kensei Woman (Polearm) at the Selection Screen. Ideally use a "Naginata" if available otherwise use this which is very similar: https://tidbi.ru/eng/item.php?item=polearm_n01 - Done by Phanjam, 5/15

K_3. If the word "Sword" appears in any Kensei Skill then change it's description to "Blade" which is a universal term that includes Polearms (Spears). - Done by Epoch, 5/11

K_4. I propose a rewrite of the Kensei description: Kensei perfect their Two Handed Blade Skills. This helped the Samurai and the Onna-bugeisha preferring Katana and Naginata respectively. Some Families trained in both Two Handed Swords and Polearms. - Done by Epoch, 5/11

K_5. FIx bugged file "Oakwood.jpg" posted by Bug Report: "When I go to the character creation screen, when I click on the Kensei the game immediately crashes and shows this error - ERROR IN UNCOMPRESSING DATA FOR FILE OAKWOOD.JPG - Done by Epoch, 5/11

K_6. Heat of the Forge not working on Polearm - Done by Epoch, 5/16

K_7. Cold Steel not working on Polearm - Done by Epoch, 5/16

K_8. For the Kensei Description being too long.
I am thinking that the last sentence should end with the word: "Weapons" instead of "Two Handed Swords and Polearms".
If this is still too long then I say cut off the sentence after the word: "Naginata".

K_9. the Boken Weapon that cannot be found on the Weapon General Merchant & FEP Weapon General Merchant  after Act 1, and Boken Weapons that cannot be found on drop items (very rare). I guess the weight of the weapon must be changed and the reward from the Kensei class might have to be added, like to add the Boken weapon / item used for Kensei.
Maybe for rewards this is also good if applied to other classes, so other classes will get items / weapons that are suitable for their class.

K_10? The Player was kind enough to include a Screenshot of their Load Order.
https://i.ibb.co/FHhh0Vr/0082.jpg
Somehow the "Fine Control" Skill has an issue with this load order. Either that or the Player felt the Skill was imbalanced. Currently unclear.

Last updated on Torchmodders: 6/2/2019
Originally posted on Steam: 30 Apr, by steffire3,
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:07:48 AM by steffire3 »
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

-is being able to have "support" from the author of any mod.

I think the only advice I can give is that you don't burn yourself out. ^_^

Offline Epoch

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
Re: FEP+ April 2019 Update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:55:40 PM »
That oakwood.jpg is associated with the Boken swords under _GREATSWORD & is linked to the Kensei character creation due to the starting weapon being the nodachi_00_start. My suspicion would be something to do with the mesh, but I can't verify. Not entirely sure why the jpeg would cause a problem since the mesh should be linked to the *.dds files, but this is the only thing I can think of.

One possible easy fix is to do what the attached image shows.

Also, there are several polearm models loaded into the mod already that can meet the expectations desired (and I'm not entirely sure we ever added them to loot tables).  \MODELS\WEAPONS\POLEARMS & \MODELS\WEAPONS\_POLEARMS

I'll start adding great hammers to all monk skills as well.
@Phanjam
I think I pretty much cleared out that to-do list tonight. No need to worry.
Check attached MONK.rar for all replacement monk skills. They now have updated requirement descriptions & addition of 2HMACE.
Check attached KENSI.rar for all replacement Kensei skills. They now have updated requirement descriptions, replaced all instances of "Sword" with "Blade" & addition of Polearms.
Check attached KENSEI_PLAYER.rar for replacement Kensei units for updated class description; however, I did not change the starting weapons.

This takes care of WM_1, K_1, K_3, K_4, & K_5 if my attached image instructions correct the crashing bug.
Need further information on R_1. Vicious slash looks fine for me within GUTS. I'll have to download the game overnight and I'll verify in-game tomorrow whether I can duplicate this error.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:28:18 PM by Epoch »

Offline Epoch

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 06:25:35 PM »
Yeah, I just cannot figure out how to reproduce the vicious slash error, but I did notice that the skill tree is laid out pretty chaotically. I'll start working on rearranging the skill tree & maybe I'll stumble over what is causing this bug.

I also noticed that the character select idle animation has the swords stabbing into the Ronin's head. I was thinking it may be worthwhile to change that animation up.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 01:32:34 AM »
Wow thanks so much for the work @Epoch !

Let me look into changing the Ronin's charselect animation ;) will report back

Offline Epoch

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:23 AM »
I also looked in to this snowstorm particle effect not showing up. I couldn't duplicate this either, even with weather turned off, but I did modify the particle effects a little bit to be slightly more enjoyable. Replace the existing snowstorm.layout within MEDIA\PARTICLES\NINJA\ with the attached file if you'd like.

Offline steffire3

• Rare
    • status busy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:34:06 AM »
I uploaded the Fixes onto Steam that were provided by Epoch up till May 14 from the TM Forums here. I still have to play test them in game to make sure they are working as intended (i.e. if I uploaded them correctly).

So far it appears that the Female Kensei wielding a Polearm and the Vicious Slash skill are still on the To Do list. Until further notice.

@Phanjam Should I remove the uploaded requests in the above lists? I could always throw them back on if they need our attention again. Thanks for porting this!  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:38:12 AM by steffire3 »
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 10:21:40 AM »
That oakwood.jpg is associated with the Boken swords under _GREATSWORD & is linked to the Kensei character creation due to the starting weapon being the nodachi_00_start. My suspicion would be something to do with the mesh, but I can't verify. Not entirely sure why the jpeg would cause a problem since the mesh should be linked to the *.dds files, but this is the only thing I can think of.

Actually i checked the .material file for the Boken and it was pointing to the .jpg.

So I fixed it and attached the fixed file below.

@steffire3 this file would go in MEDIA\MODELS\WEAPONS\_GREATSWORDS\BOKEN\

replacing the BOKEN.MATERIAL file that is in there.

Also i recommend you simply delete the file OAKWOOD.JPG from that folder as well.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
Hi @steffire3 . Pls see attached file HUM_KENSI_F.DAT

This has been edited to give the female Kensei a non-magic level1 vanilla polearm as her starting weapon.

Just place the file in MEDIA\UNITS\PLAYERS\KENSI replacing the HUM_KENSI_F.DAT file that is in there.

Let me know if it gives you trouble ;)

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 10:52:38 AM »
Should I remove the uploaded requests in the above lists? I could always throw them back on if they need our attention again. Thanks for porting this!  :)
Hey @steffire3 ! If i may suggest, pls just leave them on the OP but update the post to show what's already done (i made some edits like that already, hope u dont mind).

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
Yeah, I just cannot figure out how to reproduce the vicious slash error, but I did notice that the skill tree is laid out pretty chaotically. I'll start working on rearranging the skill tree & maybe I'll stumble over what is causing this bug.

heyya @Epoch . Do u feel this "Ronin skill tree re-layout" is important enough to be added to the updating work list?

Offline Epoch

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 12:18:13 AM »
Nah, it's just a little side project I'll work on.

I'm glad my suspicion about that bokken was accurate. Thanks for fixing that.

I still can't seem to replicate that vicious slash error. Does it do it at level 1 for you guys, or at a certain point investment?
Nevermind, I just got it to happen. I think I didn't notice the problem earlier because I didn't read where it only happens for the Steam version & I was testing with the RGFS version. I find it very weird that it only happens for this version. This will take some investigation.

Nevermind, I figured it out. For some reason, all the necessary skill data within the RONIN\SIDE_KICK folder is missing for the Steam version (See attached images). If you just unzip the attached contents to the Steam SKILLS\RONIN\SIDE_KICK folder, it should fix the problem.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:06:59 AM by Epoch »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 10:47:02 AM »
Hi guys, I found some problem on FEP+, with the Kensei & Warrior Monk skill.

Kensei:
- Heat of the Forge & Cold skill Steel not working on Polearm

Warrior Monk:
- Chi Blast Skill Not working on Polearm & Great Hammer

Offline Epoch

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 11:36:12 PM »
Ah good catches.

For the monk skill, it had dualwield required hidden in there & the 2 kensei skills had 2hsword weapon requirement also built in to each skill level for some reason, which was overriding the base weapon requirement.
Lemme clean these up and upload the fixed files.

You can just extract this to the MEDIA folder & overwrite all files prompted. Trying to make my fixes simpler for you to extract.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:00:09 AM by Epoch »

Offline steffire3

• Rare
    • status busy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 07:17:41 AM »
@Epoch @Phanjam @Sch123 Steam version 13 now has all the updated Torch Modders files as of May 18.  :)

How do you link message post numbers to words on this forum? I copy pasted the proper credit in the OP here however I left them in Pink so Phanjam knows which ones I added. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:36:33 AM by steffire3 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
I found that Ronin's Vicious Slash Skill still lacked particles. Because I didn't see the sword slash animation that should have existed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:03:47 PM by Sch123 »

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13