collapse

* Important

The forum and all threads have been locked, but are still available for browsing.  There is more information about this here.

The

Is still open for article contributions.

Author Topic: Request: Custom UI / HUD  (Read 33281 times)

Offline Aherin

• Rare
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
Re: Request: Custom UI / HUD
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:46 am »
Yeah I agree, I'll see what the ones you linked look like. Otherwise I'll  revert to the vanilla orbs.

Hey man to be honest, I feel like I'm "running out of steam" a bit with modding at the moment. It's times like these that a break for a while is needed.

I'm not dropping this entirely, I might even still update things. I just can't commit to updating as regularly as I have been. In a few weeks I have a holiday break which might give me the chance to revisit and regroup.

I know I'll be back, I just need a break! :D I hope you understand.

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2018, 02:39:58 am »
It's okay I understand, maybe with you taking a break you will get a good idea. :D

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2018, 10:23:19 am »
Hi @Aherin

I found something that might help solve inventory problems in Pet and Players on Equipment Slots Overhaul EC.

Quote from Steam

doudley  [author] 10 Dec, 2017 @ 10:00am
I'm sure the pattern to do this is already out there, compare a mod with stash pages and my mod, open up PLAYER_INVENTORY.LAYOUT in GUTS, you'll notice the difference in ARRANGEMENT TYPE property. The tricky part here is adding your own buttons to change pages.

Get my source files here so that you can easily browse thru the UI editor
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13zfyk_0rKP2c-YikPUWoKz7dfeJdBtAm

Don't forget to change the Slot Count of your containers found in MEDIA>INVENTORY>CONTAINER

I also saw you make changes to the border player buff icons by giving them a gold color. I think it can also be developed as a border differentiator, enemy buff icons & items consume buff icons by giving different colors. For example the Red Blood color for the border enemy buff, and the Silver color for the border buff item. :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:45:13 am by Sch123 »

Offline Aherin

• Rare
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2018, 02:40:37 am »
Thanks for the heads up @Sch123 :) I'll try to tackle that when I get the chance to work on it.

The differentiated buff ideas are really good. The only problem is that I can't think of a way to make them work.

The buffs work by displaying a list window which pretty much works automatically. Any active buffs (from whatever source) are simply displayed in order using the UI piece "effect_bigger" (I think it's called). So I can change what that UI piece looks like, but as the system currently stands I can't really differentiate the buffs in any real way.

Adding some kind of hide/show logic based on a stat to decide which colour border to display could be possible I guess. (I think Target bars work in that way to decide between normal, champ and boss target bars)

The problem with it is that UI pieces don't seem to like having logic in them.

Maaayybe (and this is pure speculation) I could remove buffs from the hud layout and recreate the system from scratch using a separate menu, kind of like how target bars work. I could make separate effect pieces with the different border colours, which are called upon based on a stat. It's just working out how to actually make that stat work that is the real sticking point.. @doudley Any thoughts? I feel over my head with this!  :'(

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2018, 11:06:58 pm »
I wonder, is it possible to add a Random Button to choose the Class & Pet that we will use? ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:09:50 pm by Sch123 »

Offline Aherin

• Rare
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2018, 12:51:07 am »
That's a good question @Sch123. I haven't come across anything in the UI elements that is set to randomly select an option but I can keep an eye out.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2018, 09:30:50 pm »
@Aherin on the differentiation thing, does the "color coding" trick not work at all (c|00xxxxxx...|u)?

Offline Aherin

• Rare
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:23 am »
@Phanjam Do you mean to change the colour of the text? That's a good option to show the different cooldowns definitely. ie green for positive buff cooldowns and red for negative ones like poisoned. The problem still remains that I don't know how to tell GUTS which colour to assign to each buff type. It's all about finding or making a stat that checks this I think..

Offline doudley

• Cosmic Reality Entanglement Ethereal Probability
  • Unique
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2018, 03:20:40 am »
The problem with it is that UI pieces don't seem to like having logic in them.
IIRC, this is true. I experimented on UI pieces before, so that it can hide a specific buff, Nothing seems to take affect. And not just that, I even tried adding extra lines for additional details for the buff but it will only leave the buff's content messed up (It will show the text format for that piece but not the linking content from the effects).

I just gave up on that area, maybe you will have a better luck playing around with UI pieces.

Tags:

Our host and sponsor

* Quick Search

* Mod Boards Activity

* Popular Topics