News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
August 21, 2019, 12:29:35 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Playable Zealot  (Read 7309 times)

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Playable Zealot
« on: February 05, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »
Playable Zealot

This mod brings the TL1 Zealot model into the game.  She is NOT wardrobe-able (too much work!) and uses SpacePirate's starting armor texture (from his TL1 Vindicator mod) for the override base texture.  It's set-up as it's own class, but the skilltree is the one of the Embermage.

The .MESH + .SKELETONs are from my TL1 Spiritist mod.  To give her animations which the Embermage skills could use, I cloned/renamed many of the animations to force-fit the skills. Most of the force-fit animations work, but I can't seem to get Firebombs and Teleport (and maybe 1 or 2 others, can't remember) to work.

If you'd like to play it, you can DL it from here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2aVtkeuHrtcb0FPWFhQdGFldWc

Woot woot!

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
Re: Playable Zealot
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
Oh, she cannot use Cannons because she doesn't have any existing animations which are close enough :(

@Kva3imoda do you think you can make a simple cannon firing animation for her please?

Offline Kva3imoda

• Developer
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cool
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 06:40:05 AM »
Quote from: Phanjam link=topic=558.msg6291#msg6291 date=1486306876
[member=52
Kva3imoda[/member] do you think you can make a simple cannon firing animation for her please?
Hey PJ.
You need 4 animation: Idle, Attack, Run and Die. Well, I could do that, but it is quite difficult, maybe it will take a week. During this time, I can almost finish my Vindicator#2 animations. This is the reason why I do not want to spend time on the old model - it makes no sense for me. Maybe someday I'll do both of these tasks, but not now.

But let's imagine that the Zealots can`t use cannons because they lived a long time under the ground.  :) So you need any Idle, Run and Die animations with a hidden weapon.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
That's right i forgot  :o

But i discovered another glitch... I renamed attack1 and attack3 to Lfist1 and Rfist1, but neither of those works with fist weapons :(

I will try using alt animations next; hopefully that works...

Offline Kva3imoda

• Developer
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cool
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
I renamed attack1 and attack3 to Lfist1 and Rfist1, but neither of those works with fist weapons :(
Exactly how it does not work? You do not see your fists or they are rotated incorrect?
If I remember correctly, there are some nuances. You should have 2 hand tag: left and right. Also, you need Idle and Run animation.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »
Exactly how it does not work? You do not see your fists or they are rotated incorrect?
If I remember correctly, there are some nuances. You should have 2 hand tag: left and right. Also, you need Idle and Run animation.
The fist weapons show up fine and they are rotated correctly. But I didn't make any run, idle and die partner-animations. That must be it then! Will try it out tonight - Thanks mucho Kva!

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
I have been playing with the Warbounds mod by doudley and I requested if he could use this Zealot as one of the Warbounds. So he made a Zealot patch for his mod and I've been enjoying it for a few days now...
Spoiler

So now I would like to make the Zealot unique by not using the Embermage skill-set, and release a more complete Zealot patch-mod specifically for doudley's Warbounds mod.

I double-checked the skills the Zealot uses in TL1 and all the necesary .LAYOUTS and particles are still there in the TL2 MEDIA folder as well 8).  There are only 4 Zealot skills so I might make a few more.

@Lindous Doudley I looked inside your .MOD file and it looks like you re-wrote each Emberage skill to become a "skill-tag" for your mod. I am trying to figure it all out, but can you give me an "overview" of what is involved for this, so I can proceed a little faster? Thank you!

Offline lolesch

• Rare
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »
sounds good man!
A few questions:
how much work would it be to scale the armor pieces so the Zealot may get some new dress?
are there other models/monsters playable? I'd love to use some in my Destiny mod, maybe your Zealot too?

cheerio
some projects in progress

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 07:50:13 AM »
how much work would it be to scale the armor pieces so the Zealot may get some new dress?
Making the zealot model wardrobe-able is a LOT of work I'm afraid.  There are just so many armor meshes to refit to her frame.

Maybe one option to consider is using @Kva3imoda 's "suits" method to make just a few armor suits.

Are there other models/monsters playable? I'd love to use some in my Destiny mod, maybe your Zealot too?
No question, you are completely free to use the files I put together for the playable Zealot.  Here is the link to the unpacked MEDIA folder...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2aVtkeuHrtcanR3Nl96bGZucTg/view?usp=sharing

As for other playable monster models...

As I make any refinements I will make sure to give you updated links as well ;)

1. Difficulty of setting up the model files depends on how "polished" you want the animations to be - the simplest way to make animations for every move the model needs to make is to select a suitable existing .SKELETON file for each animation and then rename them internally so the game can "call" them. However there will be some animations which "look funny" and in some cases no animation at all (like the cannon animations problem for the Zealot).

There are some tools which were made to automate the re-writing of .SKELETON files, so that you can copy any animation to any model .SKELETON. These should be able to produce very polished animations, but I have not really worked with those yet to know.

And of course the ultimate polish (and difficulty) is to make new animations from scratch in a 3D modeling program and export those for use in the game.

2. Difficulty of setting up the skills they will use depends on how unique you want them to be. I just made the Zealot use the Embermage skills so I wouldn't have to create new skills! :D (the easiest option). The highest difficulty of course is making a complete set of unique skills for the monster class (the TL1CP mod took 2 years to complete!).

BUT if we have the "classless" concept working already, then maybe the class models can be "blank" in terms of skills - they will just "choose/learn" the skills as they progress through the game  :o

3. And as mentioned above, wardrobing is always high dificulty :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:53:08 AM by Phanjam »

Offline doudley

• Cosmic Reality Entanglement Ethereal Probability
  • Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
@Lindous Doudley I looked inside your .MOD file and it looks like you re-wrote each Emberage skill to become a "skill-tag" for your mod. I am trying to figure it all out, but can you give me an "overview" of what is involved for this, so I can proceed a little faster? Thank you!
You have to duplicate each skill in your skill tree (proc skills too if it's related to charge functions) that your warbound would be using. I only made each skill into 16 ranks, this is easily done by adding an empty Level 0 above Level 1 in GUTS. Also, every active skills should have a requirement UNIT THEME with WBSKILL01, WBSKILL02, so on so fort. But all and all, they are the same skills still.

Offline lolesch

• Rare
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 09:42:39 PM »
ok, thats good stuf to know!
BUT if we have the "classless" concept working already, then maybe the class models can be "blank" in terms of skills - they will just "choose/learn" the skills as they progress through the game
You can always link skills to the BasePlayer file to enable them through classes! thats tested and work just fine. the class file will not overwrite, just fit in additional stuff so any playable model could easily get implemented.
May I use the TL1 models too? that would add at least 3 more humanoids...
some projects in progress

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
You have to duplicate each skill in your skill tree (proc skills too if it's related to charge functions) that your warbound would be using. I only made each skill into 16 ranks, this is easily done by adding an empty Level 0 above Level 1 in GUTS. Also, every active skills should have a requirement UNIT THEME with WBSKILL01, WBSKILL02, so on so fort. But all and all, they are the same skills still.
Thanks again doudley! Sorry I keep asking for guidance without actually trying it myself :P I will have sometime this weekend to try this out on the Zealot  ;D

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »
Thanks again doudley! Sorry I keep asking for guidance without actually trying it myself :P I will have sometime this weekend to try this out on the Zealot  ;D
No worries! It helped me reassured my steps for my guide :)

And if anyone is interested, I've finished it! :D

Here's the link: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlight-2-forums/torchlight-2-modding/torchlight-2-modding-guide-threads/7382-own-warbound.html

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 12:24:44 PM »
Haha yeah I saw your tut on RGF just a while ago ;) I will try it out this weekend. Thanks v much!

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
As always, thank you too for the interest with BiA:W mod. Let me know if you are having trouble with process.

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17