News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
November 15, 2018, 05:49:31 AM
collapse

Information

Please contribute to our

Having problems logging in to the forums? Go the front page, log out and back in again.

Author Topic: Medea Pet to Class  (Read 1435 times)

Offline DragonDawn

• Common
    • status mod
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
Medea Pet to Class
« on: September 04, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »
I need help converting my Medea Pet I made into a class. Also, if anyone can enhance the model to make the chest bigger please comment!

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Re: Medea Pet to Class
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:08:44 PM »
Hi Dragondawn/Daniel!

I sent you a PM about using the mod files from my Spiritist class mod.  I'm hoping it will help jump-start your class mod project.

It's not a perfect mod yet; there's still lots of work to be done but i think you might prefer it this way so it really becomes your mod ;)

It uses the standard TL zealot model and its not wardrobe-able yet.  Thats a lot of work even just to make the TL1 wardrobe, and even more work if you want to give her a TL2 wardrobe!

It uses a mix of TL1 vanilla skills.  All i did was change the <STRING>NAME: and the GUIDs inside the skill .DATs, but they all point to the same vanilla TL1 .LAYOUTs.  This means you still need to check if those .LAYOUTs and particles, etc are also present in TL2 (from what ive seen so far, most of them are) and if theyre not there yet, you'll need to copy them over and fix the links inside the skill .DAT files.

Aside from skills i think the other stuff will not be as useful for porting this mod into TL2.

I can't do any work directly to help you as i am too busy IRL nowadays and any free time i get i put into my own mod projects.  But as always i will do my best to help with tips and advice.

Offline DragonDawn

• Common
    • status mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:16:35 PM »
Hi Dragondawn/Daniel!

I sent you a PM about using the mod files from my Spiritist class mod.  I'm hoping it will help jump-start your class mod project.

It's not a perfect mod yet; there's still lots of work to be done but i think you might prefer it this way so it really becomes your mod ;)

It uses the standard TL zealot model and its not wardrobe-able yet.  Thats a lot of work even just to make the TL1 wardrobe, and even more work if you want to give her a TL2 wardrobe!

It uses a mix of TL1 vanilla skills.  All i did was change the <STRING>NAME: and the GUIDs inside the skill .DATs, but they all point to the same vanilla TL1 .LAYOUTs.  This means you still need to check if those .LAYOUTs and particles, etc are also present in TL2 (from what ive seen so far, most of them are) and if theyre not there yet, you'll need to copy them over and fix the links inside the skill .DAT files.

Aside from skills i think the other stuff will not be as useful for porting this mod into TL2.

I can't do any work directly to help you as i am too busy IRL nowadays and any free time i get i put into my own mod projects.  But as always i will do my best to help with tips and advice.

I can't download it as I don't have a google account. Can you attach the stuff directly to a post? And can you recommend someone to modify the model file?

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:45:25 AM »
I can't download it as I don't have a google account. Can you attach the stuff directly to a post? And can you recommend someone to modify the model file?

Hi Dragondawn! sent  a PM about the download.

I also saw your Steam message about getting an error in GUTS - can you describe what u were doing at the time and with what mod/mod-files?

And your earlier Steam message about making the Zealot model a little "healthier" ;) just go ahead and ask in here. Someone may agree to help out on that!

Offline DragonDawn

• Common
    • status mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:59 PM »

Hi Dragondawn! sent  a PM about the download.

I also saw your Steam message about getting an error in GUTS - can you describe what u were doing at the time and with what mod/mod-files?

And your earlier Steam message about making the Zealot model a little "healthier" ;) just go ahead and ask in here. Someone may agree to help out on that!

when I hit the build button it starts the process, but after it begins to parse it responds with "Error: File not found"

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »
@DragonDawn it just occurred to me - that Spiritist mod is a TL1 mod and the formating of all its files are still using the TL1 conventions! Stuff like no indentations at all, etc.

If you havn't yet, i suggest you go through the files to look for stuff like that. No guarantee, but its possible those are what're causing your GUTS crash...

Offline DragonDawn

• Common
    • status mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 11:11:07 PM »
@DragonDawn it just occurred to me - that Spiritist mod is a TL1 mod and the formating of all its files are still using the TL1 conventions! Stuff like no indentations at all, etc.

If you havn't yet, i suggest you go through the files to look for stuff like that. No guarantee, but its possible those are what're causing your GUTS crash...

Thanks for the insight, but unfortunately I have figured out my current problem and it's that GUTS is corrupted on my hard drive somehow. Nothing I can do short of replacing the hard drive will fix it.

Offline Vkoslak

• Developer
  • Rare
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
Is the hard drive corrupted? Or just the guts install?

Did you install Guts via steam?
I know steam has an option to "verify the integrity of tool files" which should repair anything that is not right.

Tags:

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Recent Topics

Equipping Weapon *Visual* to Pet? by Phanjam
[November 13, 2018, 01:39:16 PM]

Skills Expansion: Bugs Report & Ideas by Sch123
[November 13, 2018, 09:10:36 AM]

Hello! by Phanjam
[November 10, 2018, 03:57:42 AM]

(Solved)Help Editing Vanilla Class (adding / taking out other vanilla Skills) by Lrv
[November 07, 2018, 05:05:55 PM]

[TL2] Ultimate Respec Lite by doudley
[November 04, 2018, 08:17:27 AM]

Torchlight Frontiers announced by Kva3imoda
[November 03, 2018, 11:10:58 PM]

Fate Items by Phanjam
[November 03, 2018, 11:10:17 PM]

FEP+ by Sch123
[November 02, 2018, 09:03:12 AM]

Pet Variants Mod by Sch123
[November 01, 2018, 03:28:30 AM]

Skills on weapons by Sch123