News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
May 23, 2019, 06:50:40 AM
collapse

Author Topic: Skills Expansion: Bugs Report & Ideas  (Read 18220 times)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
Re: Skills Expansion: Bugs Report & Ideas
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »
Change Adding Skill

> Done applying the requested changes in here

Awesome ;D

Change Skill Icon

> Honestly, I prefer your own researched icons.

The Icon from Happy DeathKnight Mod Or some icon that I tried to make? :P

if you don't mind with the one here Happy DeathKnight Mod, maybe the old icon can all be replaced with this one.

but if you don't mind with the icons that I make, I will try looking for ingredients that match the skill and try to make an icon from it.

And yeah, if there are needed change in the skill descriptions, feel free to provide. Its an easy enough task to change those anyway.

Ok, I will try to see skill that needs a change of description ;)

P.S.  :-[ Darn it!...I forgot to back up the mod files, I'm already on may way back to my home. This means, I won't be able to build a test mod this weekend. Sorry.

It's okay, there's still another time :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:36:01 PM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
@doudley I have an idea to add Secondary Effect to the skill of Heavy Lifting (Engineer). Like temporarily changing the type of weapon.

•   Can use Polearm Weapon with one hand on the right hand when the left hand uses a Shield (Require Shield on Left Hand). Inspired from 2H to 1H Type 01 Mod.

I think if the Polearm can be changed to a different type of weapon for temporarily, I recommend using the attack animation wand type. Because if you use that type, then polearm attack will look like stabbing an opponent rather than using a type of weapon such as a sword, axe & mace, it will look like cutting an opponent.

I don't know whether it will change the way he holds a weapon or not. Because when he uses a weapon type such as a sword, axe & mace the way he holds it's suitable.

Note:
Just use Polearm weapon, because only that weapon looks good when held. ;)

I don't know whether this is a good idea or not, but it seems interesting if it can be done. Especially if the effect only works if we are wearing a Shield on left hand, so that it won't change the game too much & also it can increase attack variation with weapons. For example Shield + Polearm = Phalanx. :D

The reason why I gave idea to the Engineer class and not to the General passive skill was because, that class very supportive for Shield users rather than the other 3 classes. It also can be its own uniqueness for the class Engineer. :P

I also wondered, if the shotgun could also be made like that?
Shield + Shotgun = it seems like a good combination. ::)
I'm just afraid of animations that don't support that idea. :(
Inspired from DualWield Mod

I also have the idea of adding the effects of Deep Penetration skills especially the effect that gives a Burst attack to the enemy behind the target. Also other idea (See Attachment for more details) ;)

Maybe for a while to fill in the blanks of 3 skills on Embermage we can use skills from the Bladedancer class, until we find or make a skill that really suits him.

- Flame Armor (Infernal State from Bladedancer)
- Frost Armor (Glacial State from Bladedancer)
- Strom Armor (Dazzling State from Bladedancer)

Maybe need to change the icon to be different from the other icon. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:13:54 AM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Cosmic Reality Entanglement Ethereal Probability
  • Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2018, 03:16:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure that all of your proposition for shield+twohandwield weapon into single wield are possible but sad to say that these involve 3D animation/editing know-how. Except of course, the idea for switching from 2hand into 1hand with a single weapon type at will, this I have heavy doubt that could be possible.

If I get to have some time, I'll try to reverse engineer that mod.
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136873039)

DualWield looks interesting too.
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137254289)

Maybe after we complete Skills Expansion, we can upload 2 versions. One with normal wield and another for dualwield.

I have a problem with Death Knight mod, it doesn't seem to have the new skins that it claims to have.

I already filled ember mage's 2nd, 4th, and 6th added skills with blade dancer's toggle skills last week.

Working on Exact Added Skins/Hair/HairColors right now, after I'll work on "Add effect skill to Passive skill.pdf" and "Need Tier Bonus.pdf"

Done coding for this week. Finished with added skins, hairstyles, and hair colors.

Total Skin: Male (58) / Female (49)
Total Hair Style: Male (44) / Female (37)
Total Hair Color: Male (46) / Female (46)

That's the only time I have right now, I'll try to build this later right away.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xgy4uLqIDnycwnSIykUrKop60sJbwEpF
(I'd made sure to backed-up this time ;))

I'll work on "Add effect skill to Passive skill.pdf" and "Need Tier Bonus.pdf" next week.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:53:53 AM by doudley »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
I'll work on "Add effect skill to Passive skill.pdf" and "Need Tier Bonus.pdf" next week.

Also this one ;)

Spoiler
Request: ;D

General Passive >> "Minion Mastery"

- Add a chance for to do bleed effect to the General Passive "Minion Mastery" so he has the opportunity to give bleed status when attacking an opponent.

"convey 2% physical damage (base on Pet max damage) over 5 seconds" >> on Max rank "convey 30% (base on Pet max damage) physical damage over 5 seconds"

- Add a decreased Pet's travel time to the town.

"10% decreased pet town travel time" >> on Max rank "80% decreased pet town travel time"

General Passive >> "Vitality Mastery"

- Add Potion of effectiveness. So any Potion effects and duration will get stronger and a little longer.
"+2% Potion of effectiveness" >> on Max rank "+30% Potion of effectiveness"

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
TEST BUILT Ver 7

- Added Skills for Engineer = Complete. Waiting for Ember Mage +skills to be finalized.
- Added Skills for Berserker = Complete. Tiered Passives not yet done. Waiting for Ember Mage +skills to be finalized
- Added Skills for Outlander = Complete. Waiting for Ember Mage +skills to be finalized.
- Added Skills for Ember Mage = Complete but not yet finalized.

- New added Berserker skills
Spoiler
Replace Phantom Slash with Asura (Cruelty skill from Blade Dancer class) and Storm Vortex with Tempest (Thunder Storm skill from Blade Dancer

- New added Ember Mage skills
Spoiler
- Flame Bound (Infernal State from Blade Dancer)
- Frost Bound (Glacial State from Blade Dancer)
- Storm Bound (Dazzling State from Blade Dancer)

- Additional Skins, Hair Styles, and Hair Colors
Spoiler
Total Skin: Male (58) / Female (49)
Total Hair Color: Male (46) / Female (46)

>

@Sch123  Syl Skin mod cannot be scrapped because it uses a character model only, no wardrobe data can be taken.

(See attachment for the mod file)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2018, 08:20:15 PM »
Test Update Ver 7

There are still some problems with the skill, but before that I congratulated him on finding a skin long hair for female that is in esterian mod. :)

And I also just realized you have also replaced the attack animation from ENGULFING FLAME BOT with an attack animation from FIRE EATER skill from Double Agent class (Variant class), it's so cool.  :o

Can you also replace the attack animation from ARTILLERY with an attack animation from CANNON BALL skills from the Dread Pirate class (Variant class)? ::)

Problems:

General
- Skin Stone No 30 in Male has not been removed (All classes)
- Hair Color 28-42 makes hair & accessories white (Male & Female)
- Hair color for Female still missing some unique color. Therefore, Female hair color will be have more than Male. But if this color can be added also to Male, it will definitely be good.

Embermage
- Skill Flame, Frost, Strom Bound don't work properly. The skill can be used simultaneously.

Berserker
- Asura's skill doesn't work properly. The the player does not disappear in the dark, it is not like the original skill in the Bladedancer class. And also at the end of the skill there should be a laugh.
- Tempest skills don't work properly. Skill does not shoot Lightning from the sky like the original skill that is in the Bladedancer class. Only the sky is looks cloudy.
- The Thunder Strike skill doesn't work properly. Skill on tier 3 which effects can attack with Lightning Storm does not damage at all enemies.
- Bloodlust's skill doesn't work properly. The player cannot eat the corpse of the enemy. Also The Blood Lust skill name hasn't been changed to Bloodlust

Outlander
Note:

More or less the problem is only in the Animation / Texture skill

- The Pool of Death skill doesn't work properly. The animation of the skill texture looks strange.
- The Spirit of Death skill doesn't work properly. The animation / texture of the Spirit is not seen possessed the opponent.
- Skill Root of Death does not work properly. Animations / textures from Root to attack enemies are not called / seen.
- Root of Life skills don't work properly. Animation / textures from Root to eat the bodies of enemy enemies is not called / seen.

For more details: [See Attachments] ;)

I also found that good skills were more or less like Tempest skills, namely Sword Rain from Double Agent skill. Only different in the duration of the skill to work.

At Tempest, the skill duration works 25 seconds. Then during that lightning will hit 1 opponent and cause damage area. While Sword Rain, skill duration works 1 second (Per cast). But the sword will hit all opponents around within a certain distance.

Sword Rain also looks like a skill combined with skill Sword & Elemental Magic skill. It's also suitable for Berserker who use weapons as the main ones compared to Elemental magic as sub skills unlike Embermage which focuses on magic.

Which do you think is better?
I just thought, could Sword Rain be made to have a duration like Tempest skill? ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:12:55 AM by Sch123 »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
I also wondered if you could add Face & Hairstyle from TL1CP. Because there are some unique Face & hairstyles there, like on Alchemist & Destroyer. Also unique Hair Color for female class. ::)

Note: More or less the unique color of hair for female is the same as that of exotic ones ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:55:21 PM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2018, 12:50:26 AM »
Yeah, I encoded each wardrobe feature from scratch and did not rely on other / original modder's coding. All additional wardrobe features have my own unique ID taggings.

Btw, I thought you understood that the hair color codes uses the same file for both male and female. That is why they have an equal total count. Skins and Hair Styles use different files for male and female.

The #28-42 hair color, yeah, I forgot to include the dds files.

Skin Stone, I'm hoping it could still be fixed, I though, it is just an encode error that causes the graphical bug but maybe it is a texture issue. I'll try darkening them and if it stills bugs out then it really needs to be removed.

Asura skill, doesn't seem to have the laughing sound you mentioned. The data doesn't seem to be missing anything.

Same with Thunder Strike, can't seem to find any missing data.

TEST BUILD Ver 8

- Attempted to fix skins

- Added metal skin for male, removed cyborg male #4

- Clean up wardrobe folder, removed vanilla files

- Fixed Ember Mage Toggle skills

- Fixed Tempest skill, included missing affix

- Fixed Blood Lust skill, included missing stat

- Fixed Pool of Death skill, included missing textures

- Fixed Spirit of Death skill, included missing particle fx

- Fixed Root of Life / Death, included missing vine/snake model
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:55:55 AM by doudley »

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2018, 02:10:51 AM »
TEST UPDATE Ver 8

Btw, I thought you understood that the hair color codes uses the same file for both male and female. That is why they have an equal total count. Skins and Hair Styles use different files for male and female.

Hmm..Can't just add hair color to the female without adding hair color to the male?

But as I once said, for Female there is a unique hair color from Exotic mod, which will give a difference in the amount of hair color between Male and Female.

But if you can also can give that unique hair color to Male, it might not change the number of hair colors on Female & Male.

for example male & female hair color is 30, and female hair color no 10-15 has a different hair color whereas male 10-15 uses the same hair color as vanilla (this is one that causes repeated hair color on Male). :)

The #28-42 hair color, yeah, I forgot to include the dds files.

Missing hair color has been fix

Skin Stone, I'm hoping it could still be fixed, I though, it is just an encode error that causes the graphical bug but maybe it is a texture issue. I'll try darkening them and if it stills bugs out then it really needs to be removed.

Skin stone for Male & Female still looks weird.

Also Skin metal for Male also looks weird just like skin stone, but the metal skin looks good on Female

Asura skill, doesn't seem to have the laughing sound you mentioned. The data doesn't seem to be missing anything.

Asura, When a player uses Asura skills, the player should disappear and cannot be attacked by an opponent (such as disappearing in the dark) as long as the skill is working, and will reappear when the skill is finished.

For the laugh section at the end of the skill, I just realized that the Bladedancer class only happened to Female but did not happen to Male. Maybe you can see and used on the Female Bladedancer

Same with Thunder Strike, can't seem to find any missing data.

Thunder Strike, Aside from lightning not giving damage to the opponent, it seems like the player is even hit by a damage area caused by lightning.

Ember Mage Toggle skills

Ember Mage Toggle skills, there is no Particle FX (Elements Aura) on the player not visible.

- Fixed Tempest skill, included missing affix

Tempest skill, lightning storm still isn't strike the enemy.

- Fixed Blood Lust skill, included missing stat

Already fixed, players can eat corpses and the effects of the skill work properly. Only less Tier skill effects.

- Fixed Pool of Death skill, included missing textures

Pool of Death, textures / particle fx it still looks weird

- Fixed Spirit of Death skill, included missing particle fx

Spirit of Death, textures / particle fx it still looks weird. And the tier skill effect doesn't work (hasn't it been given yet? But I've seen it in the description)

- Fixed Root of Life / Death, included missing vine/snake model

Root of Life / Death, If I am not mistaken, I see that there is a kind of very small snake/worm when this skill is activated. But it's not vine like the original skill. Also textures / particle fx when the vine eats a corpse it still looks weird.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:19:25 AM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2018, 07:39:48 AM »
TEST BUILD Ver 9

- Wardrobe Features
Spoiler
Total Skin: Male (60) / Female (48)
Total Hair Color: Male (55) / Female (55)

- Ember Mage Toggle skills, fixed flame and storm aura

- Blood Lust skill, fixed unlinked particle fx

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
Test Update Ver 9

Thank you for the unique hair color. :P

Male Hair Style no 1,2,9,14,44 have the same hair style. Maybe you can removed 2,6,14,44. ;)

- Ember Mage Toggle skills, fixed flame and storm aura

There is still no aura :(

- Blood Lust skill, fixed unlinked particle fx

Awsome ;D

Note:

Just to remind you In Ver 9 there still has some similar problems as in previous versions:D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:43:56 AM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »
PROGRESS UPDATE

1) Wardrobe Features
Spoiler
Total Hair Style: Male (43) / Female (37)

1.a) Fixed Male Skins codes, #1 skin is now #1 and #44 has been removed because there's no value linked to that number.

2) Tempest skill's original code says to target self, changed it to target target. That could fix it...

3) Thunder Strike's original code says to make damage on each event trigger, I've changed it to make damage on each unit hit. That could fix it...

4) Spirit of Death skill have been fixed, included missing custom textures.

5) Pool of Death skill have been fixed, corrected the directory link of the included texture before.

6) Root of Death / Life skill have been fixed, found and included the missing (unit theme) particle of the summoned snakes / vines.

SOURCE FILE ready to be built
(See attachment)

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »
Asura (Berserker) & Cruelty (Bladedancer) skill different.

In Asura (berserker) the skill does not run completely and the player does not fade during the skill runs.

Whereas in Cruelty (Bladedancer) the skill runs completely and the player goes out during the skill. And it ends with a laugh (happens when using Female).

I also found a bit of trouble with Embermage's toggle skill. When the skill reaches Tier III, the skill becomes permanent and cannot be turned off, even though the skill can replace each other between previous skills but the skill cannot be turned off.

For example: Assuming all three toggle skills have reached Tier III. We activate the A toggle skill and then we activate the toggle B skill, then the toggle skill A will be replaced with the toggle skill B. What if we want to turn off the skill? Usually enough to activate the same skill with the active toggle skill (toggle skill B). But this cannot be done that way.

::) I think it's better if use Toggle skills that are in the Mongol Archer. I proposed that the Toggle Embermage skill be replaced with a new Toggle skill that was in the Mongol Archer. Sorry for making you have to change skills again. :(

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:05:57 AM by Sch123 »

Offline doudley

• Rare
  • Its personal...
    • status food
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2018, 02:04:05 AM »
PROGRESS UPDATE

Spoiler
1) Wardrobe Features
Spoiler
Total Hair Style: Male (43) / Female (37)

1.a) Fixed Male Skins codes, #1 skin is now #1 and #44 has been removed because there's no value linked to that number.

2) Tempest skill's original code says to target self, changed it to target target. That could fix it...

3) Thunder Strike's original code says to make damage on each event trigger, I've changed it to make damage on each unit hit. That could fix it...

4) Spirit of Death skill have been fixed, included missing custom textures.

5) Pool of Death skill have been fixed, corrected the directory link of the included texture before.

6) Root of Death / Life skill have been fixed, found and included the missing (unit theme) particle of the summoned snakes / vines.

7.) Asura skill's animation have been fixed, as it turns out, the original skill has messed with the animation data, so added a new animation data "Special_Asura" intended to have vanishing effect and untargettable during the animation.

8.) Ember Mage Toggle Skills
Spoiler
TIER1_DESCRIPTION:Duration increased to 45 sec
TIER2_DESCRIPTION:Duration increased to 1 min
TIER3_DESCRIPTION:Permanent and toggleable

@Sch123 I think I can fix ember mage toggle skills and I already have some ideas to make those skills more interesting. Maybe you can give justification on why we should replace blade's into mongol archer's skills?

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »
@Sch123 I think I can fix ember mage toggle skills and I already have some ideas to make those skills more interesting. Maybe you can give justification on why we should replace blade's into mongol archer's skills?

My Reason:

The reason I asked to replace the Toggle Bladedancer skill with the Mongol Archer was because, I felt the Toggle Bladedancer skill was less efficient than the Mongol Archer's. Especially in Tier Bonus effects, I think if the tier bonus is be made so that the skill becomes a toggle skill later on Tier III, it's not effective. I think we can develop a bonus tier more than just making the skill become a toggle skill. Moreover, toggle skills in the Mongol Archer were in the form of toggle skills from the start. ;D

And effects toggle skills in the Bladedancer are only 2, one of them is the elemental damage. While other effects only increase attack damage, speed attack & reduce damage, where we can get it on General Passive. I feel less variation from Bladedancer toggle skill. :(

We also don't forget that Toggle Embermage skills will be shared with the other three classes. So it doesn't just focus on the Embermage class but also on other classes.

Because this is included 3 element and will later be shared in the 3 other class, I see the effect of this skill is quite appropriate. It does need to remove the effects of penalties & need to add element skill effects. :)

In my imagination, later toggle skills will be a booster to cover up weaknesses for the class that uses it. For example:

- Outlander Class >> Fumble Chance Reduction
- Berserker Class >> Cast speed & Skill Where is the cost
- Engineer Class >> Attack speed & Dodge chance

Of course Embermage Class also benefits because directly he has all three toggle skills on him so he's not like the other three classes that only get 1 of toggle skills. That way we can adjust to the skills we will focus on depending on how we play. ;)

Then, judging by the animated aura in the toggle the Mongol archer skill is more interesting than the Bladedancer has. :D

[You can see more details about the ideas I meant in the Attachments below]

By the way, what interesting idea would you give to the Bladedancer skill toggle? I'm very curious. :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:48:18 AM by Sch123 »

Tags: bugs skills expansion help 

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

May 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11