News: Go to the front page portal to create a Torchmodders account | Visit the wiki!
May 23, 2019, 07:44:36 AM
collapse

Author Topic: Classless Character Mod  (Read 18588 times)

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood angel
Re: "Skills Masteries" Classless Concept
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »
Oh yes i saw this first in your discord post. Thanks again @Sch123 !

Offline Sch123

• 🎮 & 💡
  • Legendary
    • status game
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood cheesy
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »
Is it possible, for Classless Mods to be made so that when using Polearm weapons can hold it like Syl and walk / run?

I tried the Fighter Hack, Slash skill, & Rip seems like the animation doesn't look right when we use weapons like Claw, Pistol.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2018, 01:01:41 AM »
Hi Sch. Yes its possible to alter the animations, but i do alterations just to make sure that skills work properly. I dont alter the non-skill animations so that i can save my time ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the Fighter skills! I'll get to that this weekend :)

Offline steffire3

• Mod_Seeker, Balance_Researcher, Person_Listener.
  • Rare
  • I am more active on the Steam Workshop Discussions
    • status busy
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood smiley
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »
@Phanjam I'm sorry to ask since I want you to stay on your project however I have to ask:

Are the Aura Skills in this Berserker Edit mod working as intended? I don't want to add it into Skills Expansion if it's buggy.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180919336&searchtext=berserker

Thanks for your consideration! :D
At this point after playing Torchlight 2 for 5 years original and modded... ignorant of mods and now wise with compatibility... the one thing I value the most-

-is being able to have "support" from the author of any mod.

I think the only advice I can give is that you don't burn yourself out. ^_^

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »
Hi @steffire3 its ok, if u are ok with waiting a little ;)

I'll get into it this weekend.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
Classless Character Mod
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
I keep saying i will update this thread, so here's a new one :D It's about

The Skill Unlocking Mechanism In The Classless Mod

I'll put the pics first and then talk about what's in them...

Skilltree UI Editing

Okay let's take the first Active Skill of the Fighter discipline.  The "Plus" button to add a skill point to it is encircled "A" in the pic.  It's also a "node" named "Plus Fighter Active 1" in the ui elements tree in the lefthand panel ("B").  These are just my names, it could be anything really.

This node is affected by another node named "Fighter Active 1 Req" labelled "C" lower down in the tree panel. That is a "Stat Evaluator" node and if you select it and look over in the right hand panel you can see what its settings or properties are.  So we see it's set to evaluate the Stat "FIGHTERTRAINLEVEL" and check whether the value of that Stat at the time of evaluation is "GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO" the value "2". 

The FIGHTERTRAINLEVEL stat is a dyamic (non vanilla) stat which increments by "1" at every level of the "Basic Fighter Training" skill using a SET STAT effect.  So this is all a way of evaluating "are you at level 2 or higher in Basic Fighter Training?"

How does this affect the "Plus Fighter Active 1" skill investment button?  If the evaluation is FALSE (your FIGHTERTRAINLEVEL is < 2), the investment button is hidden.  If the evaluation is TRUE (your FIGHTERTRAINLEVEL is = or > 2), the investment button is shown.  So effectively you cannot invest in Fighter Active 1 skill until you're at least level 2 in Basic Fighter Training (neat huh?)

How does the hide / show stuff work?  That's set via a UI logic tree which is another node built into this UI.  It's labelled "G" in the lefthand panel down at the bottom of the pic.  When you select that Logic node the toolbar at the very top of the lefthand panel shows a button that looks like a toolbox.  Clicking that tool button brings up the logic tree's own panel which is the next pic...

UI Logic Editing

So there's the Stat Evaluator "Fighter Ative 1 Req" ("A" in the pic) and it's got the 2 outputs "Evaluated True" and "Evaluated False".

There's also the "Plus Fighter Active 1" target node ("B" in the pic. The name is truncated only when the item isn't selected).  It in turn has 2 inputs "Show" and "Hide".  All you do is drag a line between outputs and inputs.  In this case, Output "True" links to Input "Show", and Output "False" links to input "Hide".

Ta da!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:28:05 PM by Phanjam »

Offline DeeZire

• Enchanted
    • View Profile
Re: Classless Character Mod
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Phanjam, it's given me a new direction to try with something I've been wanting to do for a while :)

Offline lolesch

• Rare
    • status ready
    • View Profile
  • Mood: mood rolleyes
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »
Hey Pham, thatís a nice little tutorial-like UI description! I wished I had those back in the days :)
Glad to see the basic idea is still alive. I switched the platform from the TL2 editor to Unity and learned some c# coding.
Still working on some zodiac based projects :)
Cheers
And heads up
some projects in progress

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »
Hey @DeeZire if i was able to help at all then im real happy!

Hey @lolesch Unity huh? Sounds exciting and serious  :D i hope u can share some of that with us one of these days!

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
Oh oh OH @TwinkleToes can i take advantage of your current "pro-modding" frame of mind ;) to ask for some help plzzz?!

Im trying to make a "curse" skill - I am still coding it but can i get your thoughts on the design pls...

CURSE SKILL

1. cast curse on target

1a. curse applies affix to give triggerable and unittheme

1b. triggerable owner is the enemy but eventcreator is the player and subtype is "HIT" (as i understand it, this will make it a condition to trigger only when the player is the one who hits the cursed enemy - amiright on that?)

1c. i read from gytfunke that any triggerable has to be explicitly removed. im not sure yet how to do this but i'm thinking of spawning an invisible dummy unit at the start of the skill with a summonduration as long as id need the curse to last. Then I'd give the unit a 100% cast-on-death skill that removes the triggerable.  Too clunky?

2. Triggerable will trigger a "curse proc" skill.

2a. I'm thinking this curse proc skill needs to cast from the cursed enemy and it would cast it on itself - i think it needs to be this way because the triggerable owner is the enemy - amiright on that?  Also i didnt want the proc to cast on just any enemy the player hits, but only on the cursed enemy (or does the triggerable condition already eliminate that possibility?)

2b. the curse proc damage will be via a straightforward damage affix maybe scaled with some stat and a pretty obvious additional particle so you can see it happen!  I may also put a statwatcher on it for... i dont know yet but i might :D

Did i miss anything  ???

Thanks heaps for any tips!

EDIT

Aaaand one more plz!

MULTI-ATTACK TELEPORT SKILL

Okay the idea is to achieve a capability kinda like nightcrawler from xmen - teleport over to target 1 and attack > teleport to target 2 and attack > etc. over a fixed number of chains.

Epoch tried testing it (cos he liked the idea lots) and he mentioned he got it to work via spawning an invisible dummy that would pull the player over.

Am pretty sure it was a dummy that would do the pull (rather than the next target hit by a damage shape) because there isnt any plain "cast skill from target" effect.  So i believe (wasnt able to confirm it wth Epoch tho) it was either a "cast skill on death from effect owner" by a dummy that is killed by the player, OR a plain "cast skill on death" and the dummy has a very short summonduration.

I guess im kinda asking if you can help me map-out a "code plan" for this one plz?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:09:36 PM by Phanjam »

Offline TwinkleToes

• Developer
  • Legendary
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2019, 12:09:33 PM »
yea np lol

hmmm..
for the curse skill
i tried something like this with one of plaugelords skills, but found out that triggerables applied to targets is really buggy and they take extra work to make.

i think this kind of effect already exists in the game, that is the proc from shocking mobs, you see those little lightning projectiles pop out of them when you hit shocked monsters

im pretty sure its a transferred effect using cast skill on struck

for multi attack teleport skill
i tried something like this too lol, i actually got something decent but it failed on all the testing i did using elevated terrain, very fast action sequences etc. the timing needs to be perfect for a "true version" of this skill to work

but... you can fake it using a bouncing projectile lol, just have the skill launch the bouncing projectile and skin it to look like a fast cutting attack, while you move your character and turn it inert and invisible using a slow animation
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:13:16 PM by TwinkleToes »

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2019, 12:12:54 PM »
Okay i think i know which skills youre referring to. problem i see with a cast-skill-on-struck proc is, wont it cast no matter who hits them?

yea np lol

hmmm..
for the curse skill
i tried something like this with one of plaugelords skills, but found out that triggerables applied to targets is really buggy and they take extra work to make.

i think this kind of effect already exists in the game, that is the proc from shocking mobs, you see those little lightning projectiles pop out of them when you hit shocked monsters

im pretty sure its a transferred effect using cast skill on struck

Offline TwinkleToes

• Developer
  • Legendary
    • status idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2019, 12:17:09 PM »
you can gate it using a stat that you can only apply

chuck a stat watcher on the triggered skill and have yourself give the stat to the monster when you hit it
or you could make the triggered skill give you a stat and have a hidden passive triggerable that watches for the stat to increment and proc the triggered skill off that.

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
for multi attack teleport skill
i tried something like this too lol, i actually got something decent but it failed on all the testing i did using elevated terrain, very fast action sequences etc. the timing needs to be perfect for a "true version" of this skill to work

but... you can fake it using a bouncing projectile lol, just have the skill launch the bouncing projectile and skin it to look like a fast cutting attack, while you move your character and turn it inert and invisible using a slow animation

Ok i think i can follow that. Bt i cant see how to control "chaining" with that method, like the missile can choose a next target pretty easily but how do you tell your teleport to follow there?

Offline Phanjam

• Operator
  • Legendary
    • status ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »
you can gate it using a stat that you can only apply

chuck a stat watcher on the triggered skill and have yourself give the stat to the monster when you hit it
or you could make the triggered skill give you a stat and have a hidden passive triggerable that watches for the stat to increment and proc the triggered skill off that.

Okay thanks I think i can run with this method - thanks mucho!

* Quick Search

* Member Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Mod Boards Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

May 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11